Finding Chemical & Physical Property Data
Finding Background Information
Encyclopedias and handbooks are a good way to get a broad overview and context for a subject and helpful for deciphering research articles. References at the ends of articles lead you to further relevant information.
Other helpful sources of background information are review articles and trade magazines. You can find those using databases like SciFinder-n and Compendex and limiting by Document Type or Treatment Type.
Creating References & Bibliographies
Importing to Zotero from SciFinder-n:
- Select reference(s) of interest by checking numbered box(es)
- Select Download Results (down arrow icon) at the top right of results list.
- Under File Type, select Citation (.ris).
- Change the File Name to something you'll recognize.
- Select Download.
- You can choose to Open the file with Zotero (it will import). Otherwise, save the file, open Zotero, select File then Import, locate the RIS file and select it, and it will be added to your Zotero library.
ACS Style is not a default style in Zotero. Go to the Zotero Style Repository to download the ACS .csl file at
https://www.zotero.org/styles?q=American%20Chemical%20Society. Find instructions on installing new styles at https://www.zotero.org/support/styles.