E-Books in Clinical Laboratory Science
E-books available at the University of Minnesota Libraries. Requires authentication/log-in with current University internet ID and password.
Selected Internet Resources
Freely available selected internet resources on laboratory tests and clinical laboratory medicine
- ChemIDplus: Chemical database is a dictionary of over 400,000 chemicals (names, synonyms, and structures). ChemIDplus includes links to NLM and other databases and resources, including links to federal, state and international agencies
- PubChem: PubChem is an open chemistry database at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Since the launch in 2004, PubChem has become a key chemical information resource for scientists, students, and the general public.
- MedlinePlus is an online health information resource for patients and their families and friends. A useful resource to direct patients and caregivers
- Testing.com (formerly LabTestsOnline.org): provides a unique resource for patients to help them access reliable testing options as well as information about tests
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA): The Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA) regulations include federal standards applicable to all U.S. facilities or sites that test human specimens for health assessment or to diagnose, prevent, or treat disease.
Normal Laboratory Values (Merck Manual, Professional)
Minnesota State Resources