Search the Libraries for books, journals, articles, media and more.
Libraries & online resources available during COVID-19
Example keywords and search terms
- "novel coronavirus"
- pandemic or epidemic or outbreak
- public health
- superspreader event or transmission
- health disparities
- low income
- health equality
- at risk populations or vulnerable populations
- health insurance or uninsured or heath services accessibility or underinsured
- minority health
"Groups of people differ in terms of disease incidence and prevalence, disease course, and health outcomes.
Research in this area includes:
- whether or not there are health disparities for a given condition for given groups of people
- what those health disparities are and what impact they have on the group and/or society
- what is causing those health disparities (genetics, environmental conditions, cultural conditions, access to medical care, differential treatment, etc.)
- how identified health disparities can be eliminated (educational interventions, improved screening, etc.)
It's important to remember that many people are members of multiple groups affected by health disparities, such as a Latina who is underinsured living in an urban area a transgender teen living in a rural area."
Information on health disparities
Find sources (search article databases)
Find sources - health science journals
Library guides on doing research on Covid-19
- Use this guide to get started finding sources and articles ABOUT Covid-19, coronavirus, pandemics and epidemics for your undergraduate research papers.
- This guide is intended for health researchers, educators, clinicians, and students seeking various types of information about COVID-19 or novel coronavirus. We refrained from listing individual sources as a number of aggregate sources are quickly populating the Internet. Instead, we point you to types of aggregated resources based on the information you might need (e.g., dataset, meta-analysis, training resource, etc.). This guide is a collaborative effort of the Health Science Library and engineering liaison librarians for the health sciences disciplines.