Textbook resources owned by the U Libraries.
Hill, N., & Alexander, J. (2000). Handbook of customer satisfaction and loyalty measurement (2nd ed.). Aldershot, Hampshire, England ; Brookfield, Vt.: Gower. Wilson Library General Collection HF5415.335 .H55 2000
Kalbach, James, Kalbach, Jim, ProQuest, & EBSCOhost. (2016). Mapping experiences : A guide to creating value through journeys, blueprints and diagrams. Sebastopol, CA: O'Reilly Media. Online ebook
Rossman, J., & Duerden, M. (2019). Designing experiences. New York: Columbia University Press. Online ebook
Wolfelt, A. (2001). Funeral home customer service A-Z : Creating exceptional experiences for today's families. Fort Collins, Colorado: Companion. Bio-Medical Library General Collection WA840 W855f 2001
- 30 Customer Service Tips to Remember. Always. https://freshdesk.com/customer-service-skills/customer-service-tips-blog/
- Lesson: Customer Service Best Practices https://www.webucator.com/tutorial/customer-service/customer-service-best-practices.cfm
The Customer Service Guide: Best Practices (Updated for May 2019) https://blog.keeping.com/customer-service/
- Customer Service & Loyalty https://www.thebalancesmb.com/customer-service-and-customer-loyalty-4161633
- 8 Rules for Good Customer Service
- How to Provide Customer Service That Outshines Your Competitors
- The Top 10 Ways to Lose Customers
- 5 Secrets of Good Customer Service
- The 5 Customer Types and How to Increase Customer Loyalty
- Customer Service Basics: How to Help a Customer
- 9 Tips for Providing Excellent Customer Service
Cultural Considerations & Burial Rituals
Ebooks owned by the U Libraries
- Parkes, C., Laungani, P., Young, B., Taylor & Francis, & Ebrary, Inc. (2016). Death and bereavement across cultures (Second ed.). New York: Routledge. Online ebook
- Robben, A., & ProQuest. (2018). Death, mourning, and burial : A cross-cultural reader (Second ed.). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons. Online ebook
- Chinese Funeral Etiquette http://theamateursguide.com/chinese-funeral-etiquette/
- Cultural and Religious Funeral Customs https://www.selectedfuneralhomes.org/Cultural-Religious-Funeral-Customs-24
- Death, Funeral, Requiem -- Orthodox Christian Traditions, Customs and Practice https://www.holy-trinity.org/liturgics/sokolov-death.html
- Funeral Customs by Religion, Ethnicity and Culture https://www.funeralwise.com/customs/
- Funeral Etiquette: At the service http://emilypost.com/advice/funeral-etiquette-at-the-service/
- Muslim Funeral Traditions :https://www.everplans.com/articles/muslim-funeral-traditions
- A Guide to a Proper Buddhist Funeral http://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/buddhist_funeral.pdf
- Japanese Buddhist Funeral Customs http://www.tanutech.com/japan/jfunerals.html
- Jewish Funerals, Burial & Mourning http://www.jewish-funerals.org/
- Military Funeral Customs http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/customs.htm
- Preparation of the Deceased & Janazah Prayers https://islam.worldofislam.info/index.php/islam/93-death/868-preparation-of-the-deceased-and-janazah-prayers-
- Transition Rituals: A Faith By Faith Guide to Rites for the Deceased http://www.beliefnet.com/wellness/health/health-support/grief-and-loss/2001/05/transition-rituals.aspx
- How to Make Preparations for a Funeral: 13 Steps (with Pictures) https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Preparations-for-a-Funeral
- How to Plan a Funeral or Memorial Service https://www.verywellhealth.com/how-to-plan-a-funeral-or-memorial-service-3897584
Planning a Funeral (NFDA - Consumer Resources) https://www.nfda.org/consumer-resources/planning-a-funeral
Planning Your Own Funeral https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0305-planning-your-own-funeral
Worksheet: Pre-Plan Your Own Funeral https://www.everplans.com/sites/default/files/Pre-Plan-Own-Funeral-Worksheet-3.0.pdf
Pre-need Funeral Contracts: What you need to know https://www.funeralwise.com/plan/costs/contracts/
Why Pre-Arrange? - Minnesota Funeral Directors Association https://www.mnfuneral.org/page/WhyPrearrange
Irrevocable Funeral Trusts & Medicaid: When Not to Use One https://www.payingforseniorcare.com/medicaid-waivers/irrevocable-funeral-trusts
Regulations and Ethics
- Funeral Director's Guide to Consumer-Friendly General Price Lists https://funerals.org/?resources=funeral-directors-guide-consumer-friendly-general-price-lists
- Funeral Rule: 16 CFR Part 453 https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/funeral-industry-practices-rule
- Complying With the Funeral Rule https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/complying-funeral-rule
- FTC Funeral Rule https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0300-ftc-funeral-rule
- Funeral Costs and Price Lists https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0301-funeral-costs-and-pricing-checklist
Government Business Resources
Minnesota Government Resources
- Start a business (Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State). Includes links to many resources and templates
A Guide to Starting a Business in Minnesota (Small Business Administration Office, Minnesota Department of Employment & Economic Development.
A concise summary discussion of major issues, questions and concerns that are most commonly raised by those contemplating a business startup.
Federal Business Resources
- Small Business Administration
- Business Guide (plan, launch, manage, grow)
- Learning Center (online courses)
- Minnesota District Center
- IBIS World (Business)Search industry reports for the United States, Canada, China, and global topics. Each report provides an overall current picture of an industry, including overviews, leading companies, sales information, and authoritative sources for researching hundreds of industries. Includes Business Environmental Profiles that summarize key drivers for industries in the U.S.
- Statista This link opens in a new windowStatista provides statistical data on many topics including media, business, politics, society, technology and education. Sources include market reports, trade publications, scientific journals, and government databases. Data can be accessed by searching or browsing by industry, topic, country, digital market or infographic. The Global Consumer Survey offers a global perspective on consumption and media usage, covering the offline and online world of the consumer. It is designed to help marketers, planners and product managers understand consumer behavior and consumer interactions with brands.
Article databases (for marketing/business)
- Business Source PremierFind business articles from journals and magazines in marketing, management, information technology, operations, human resources, accounting, finance and economics dating back to 1965.
- The MorgueThe Morgue attempts to provide students, scholars and researchers with an on-line tool specifically targeted at the literature in field of Mortuary Science.The database can be searched by subject heading by scrolling through the subjects indexed list. The database can be searched by author's name by scrolling through the authors indexed list. Covers 30 English language journals within the field of Mortuary Science. Years 1997-present (not all journals all years).
- Business Information WebsiteFind quick access to all of the business resources and databases on this homepage along with news, events, research guides, and video tutorials.