Form Your Question
- One perfect sourceYour topic seemed so great! So why can't you find any information on it? If you're looking for an all-in-one source that addresses your topic perfectly, you might need a different approach. This video helps you think about things a different way. Plus, it has cats in it.
- Search Strategy Checklist & TipsDefine the topic: know what you are looking for. Take the time to write down your topic and consider it from all angles. Try to be specific about what it is you want to discover about your topic (and more tips).
- Ovid MEDLINESearches MEDLINE, which is the primary source of journal articles for the health sciences (fields of medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, public health, health care systems, and basic sciences). Ovid MEDLINE is optimized for advanced literature searches. Coverage is from the 1940s to the present.
Help resources for Ovid MEDLINE
Literature Searching in Ovid Medline Tutorial Series: Learn about literature searching in Ovid Medline including how to use MeSH headings and keywords, how to limit a search, how to find full text and how to save a search.
- CINAHL (Nursing & Allied Health)Covers nursing and allied health journal articles, book chapters, and dissertations, as well as providing summarized evidence-based resources such as care sheets and quick lessons.
Organize Your Stuff
Mendeley Help Videos
Numerous short videos to get you started with Mendeley to organize your research and cite in your paper.
- Resources for Managing Your InformationThe abundance of information--some useful, some not--has turned us all into curators of our personal collections. If you're feeling overwhelmed by all the information in your life, or just want to find a way to format a few citations, take a look at this page to learn about citation management, productivity tools, alerts and feeds, and personal archiving.
If you're having a hard time, ask for help! Librarians can make your life much easier.
- Liz Weinfurter (your liaison librarian)I will help you! Get in touch!
- Health Sciences LibraryThe Health Sciences Library in Phillips-Wangensteen Building includes collections for medicine, nursing, public health, dentistry, pharmacy, basic sciences, and more.
Last Updated: Dec 21, 2022 11:44 AM