Off-campus access to library resources
Current University students, staff and faculty should be able to get full text and online access to the University Libraries from anywhere. Here are three ways to access the library full text from off campus.
- Search the University of Minnesota library website. Log in with you UMN Internet ID and password to access resources.
- Log in using the U of M Virtual Private Network (VPN). You will need to download it to your computer from campus OIT (Office of Information Technology).
- Install the Libraries' Proxy Bookmarklet to your browser and click it to reload the page with your U of M login to get access to full text. Watch a proxy bookmarklet video (3 min) to learn more.
View examples and learn more on our How to get to full text from on and off campus Guide.
Look up your topic in these professional magazines...
Elements from the Geochemical Society
EOS from the American Geophysical Union
Geology Today from the Geologists' Association and the Geological Society of London
- BAMS from the American Meteorological Society (or view and search open access articles)
- Archeology Magazine from the Archeological Institute of America