This course guide includes general industry sources to assist with case study assignments as well as links to specialized resources for the Capstone Projects.
Industry Reports & Overviews
- IBIS World (Business)Search industry reports for the United States, Canada, China, and global topics. Each report provides an overall current picture of an industry, including overviews, leading companies, sales information, and authoritative sources for researching hundreds of industries. Includes Business Environmental Profiles that summarize key drivers for industries in the U.S.
- EMIS ProfessionalFind company and industry information, reports, statistics, proprietary mergers and acquisitions, credit analytics, benchmark indicators and trend comparisons to help understand emerging markets.
- Statista This link opens in a new windowStatista provides statistical data on many topics including media, business, politics, society, technology and education. Sources include market reports, trade publications, scientific journals, and government databases. Data can be accessed by searching or browsing by industry, topic, country, digital market or infographic. The Global Consumer Survey offers a global perspective on consumption and media usage, covering the offline and online world of the consumer. It is designed to help marketers, planners and product managers understand consumer behavior and consumer interactions with brands.
- Gartner (CSOM only)Gartner is a leading provider of research and analysis about the global information technology industry. This resource is not paid by the Libraries, and the access is limited to those affiliated with the Carlson School of Management. Gartner can be accessed by Carlson students/faculty/staff by going to the Carlson IT Service Center Research Databases/Datasets page (linked above), For access issues, please contact CSOM IT Service Center directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PanjivaA database of global suppliers, manufacturers, and trade professionals. Includes industry research and daily news and analysis. *This resource is not paid by the library, but is available to UMN affiliates. Access requires a user login and password. Please contact email@example.com for assistance in setting up an account.
Sources for Industry & Company News
- Business Source PremierFind business articles from journals and magazines in marketing, management, information technology, operations, human resources, accounting, finance and economics dating back to 1965.
- FactivaSearch millions of newspapers, business magazines, and newswires with international and foreign language coverage with all editions of the Wall Street Journal. Financial information for publicly traded companies, stocks, funds, currencies, and common market indexes. Limited to 7 simultaneous users.
- Wall Street Journal (WSJ.COM) This link opens in a new windowGet WSJ.com subscription through the library. Sign up for a personal account at the link above. Access to the articles, photographs, charts, podcasts, videos and other premium content available on the WSJ.COM website back to the 2010. Mobile app access is included in the subscription.
- U.S. Newsstream This link opens in a new windowSearch the most recent premium U.S. news content, as well as archives which stretch back into the 1980s featuring newspapers, newswires, blogs, and news sites in active full-text format.
Last Updated: Oct 6, 2022 5:36 PM