Foldio equipment and supplies
Foldio Light Tent
The Foldio is an partly-enclosed tent that you can use to take clean, professional looking photos and videos of your projects. It has multiple light fixtures that you can use to properly light the object you're trying to photograph, as well as a turntable that you can use to take photos from many angles in quick succession.
- Backdrops (black and white)
- Halo lights
How to use it
You may need to do some set up
- To set up the Foldio3, simply unfold it, pull out the flaps, and connect the all of the magnets on the flaps of each side.
- The use the lights, plug them in at the top of the tent. There is a dimmer switch on the cable that lets you adjust the lighting. This controls both the overhead LED lights and the "halo bars." The halo bars are versatile; you can stand them up, lay them down, hang them on the tent using magnets, etc.
- To attach one of the backdrops, stick it on the back with the magnets.
- Taking pictures can be as simple as setting up the object inside of the tent and arranging the halo bars for the lighting that you want.
- If you like, you can also use the turntable.
Using the app
- There is also an app called Foldio360 available for iOS and Android.
- You can use the app to do some basic photo editing like adjusting brightness and color temperature, and chroma key compositing ("green screen" effects).
- You can also use the app to control the turntable. To do so you will need to connect the device with the app to the turntable over Bluetooth.
- Once you do that, you can use the onscreen buttons to control the turntable.