- Communication and Mass Media CompleteSearch for journal articles on topics such as communication, mass media, film, television, marketing, business communication, health communication, and more.
- Taylor & Francis: Communication StudiesFind scholarly articles from over fifty top journalism and communication studies journals.
View more disciplinary databases for mass communication »
Cast a wider net:
- Academic Search PremierA great place to start your research on any topic, search multidisciplinary, scholarly research articles. This database provides access to scholarly and peer reviewed journals, popular magazines and other resources. View this tutorial to learn how to go from a general idea to a very precise set of results of journal articles and scholarly materials.
- Libraries SearchSearch the University of Minnesota Libraries to find books, scholarly journal articles, news, magazines, media, and other items in the University's collection. View this tutorial to learn how to go from a general idea to a very precise set of results of journal articles and scholarly materials.
Researching ad campaigns
- AdAge Datacenter and Digital EditionSearch for articles or consult the Datacenter to find rankings and statistics about media companies and advertising agencies and the archives for past issues and access to the AdAge Datacenter.
- AdForumUse this database to research advertisements by agencies, advertiser, brands, campaigns, or creative staff. It contains video and images for advertisements produced for television, cinema, magazines, outdoor, and digital, along with audio recordings of radio advertisement and covers the work of agencies worldwide with interviews for case studies, packaging, branding and design for major brands.
- Ad WeekTrade magazine and website for the advertising industry.
- WARC (advertising)Campaign research source includes case studies, market reports, statistics, and articles from the trade magazines Admap and Market Leader as well research from the International Journal of Market Research, the Journal of Advertising Research, the International Journal of Advertising, and the Journal of Advertising History.
- Ad Access ProjectDuke University digital archive of advertisements from newspapers and magazines between 1911 and 1955. Early ads from major companies in the United States are featured in a presentation called the Emergence of Advertising in America (1850-1920).
- AdFlipArchive of classic print advertisements from 1940 to 2001. Search by publication, advertisement category, or year.
- Ads of the WorldContemporary ads from around the world, including award winners.
- The Advertising Archives: Historical & Current Print AdsHistorical print and TV advertisements, magazine covers, cinema posters, comics, postcards, cigarette cards, and more. Sign in for access to larger images.
- AdvertologContemporary print and TV ads, browsable by categories, including cars, savoury foods, and men's magazines.
- AdViewsAdViews is a digital archive of thousands of vintage television commercials dating from the 1950s to the 1980s from Duke University.
- AIGA Design ArchivesOver 16,000 images of past winners of the American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA) annual competitions in the areas of Book, Brand and Corporate Identity, Promotional, Information, Package and Typographical design from 1950's to the present.
- The American Package MuseumHistorical American packaging and print advertising from the early 20th century. Browse by product name. Some 3-D images available.
- Early Advertising of the West, 1867-1918This collection from the University of washington Libraries consists of over 450 print advertisements published in local magazines, city directories, and theater pamphlets from 1867 to 1918.
- Emergence of Advertising in America: 1850-1920An important, collaborative effort between the John W. Hartman Center for Sales, Advertising & Marketing History and Duke University's Digital Scriptorium provides images of over 9,000 advertising items and publications dating from 1850 to 1920. The site is designed to chronicle the rise of consumer culture in America in the late nineteenth century as well as the development of a professionalized advertising industry.
- The Gender Ads ProjectAdvertising images focusing on gender content and analysis. Browse by female and male advertisements, body parts, gender roles, and more.
- GLAAD Advertising Media ProgramGay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) archive of current and historical advertising with diverse gender content. Image collection and analysis.
- Medicine and Madison AvenueOver 600 historical and health-related advertisements printed in newspapers and magazines from 1910-1959; categories include cigarettes, vitamins and tonics, diet, and more From Duke University Libraries digital collections.
Last Updated: Jul 12, 2022 12:20 PM