This guide lists databases for exploring veterinary topics related to the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases in domestic animals and the management of other animal disorders.
- CAB Abstracts Plus Full Text SelectCAB Abstracts covers veterinary medicine, and agriculture in its broadest sense, including animal health and nutrition, agricultural economics, crop production, forestry, environment, agricultural engineering, biotechnology, and soil and water. Contains over 9 million records, starting in 1973. Indexes thousands of journals, but also gray literature such as conferences, proceedings, theses, and also foreign language materials.
- PubMedSearches MEDLINE, which is the primary database of journal articles for the health sciences, covering both human and veterinary medicine. Coverage is from 1949 to the present, and there are currently over 26 million records in the database. Over 5200 journals are indexed, including ~50% of veterinary titles. This is primarily a journal database, and contains little gray literature or foreign language materials.
- AGRICOLA Agriculture (Ovid)Search agriculture, animal husbandry, animal and human nutrition, forestry, plant pathology, plant science, human ecology, agricultural economics, and rural sociology. Limited to 8 simultaneous users.
- ScopusSearch for information from scientific journals, books and conference proceedings. Covers the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
- Web of ScienceA comprehensive interdisciplinary collection of journal article citations. Subjects generally covered are within science and technology, arts and humanities, and social sciences. View this tutorial to learn how to go from a general idea to a very precise set of results of journal articles and scholarly materials.
Last Updated: Feb 17, 2022 3:01 PM