This guide covers search tools for research in topics related to Youth Studies.
- Academic Search PremierA great place to start your research on any topic, search multidisciplinary, scholarly research articles. This database provides access to scholarly and peer reviewed journals, popular magazines and other resources. View this tutorial to learn how to go from a general idea to a very precise set of results of journal articles and scholarly materials.
- Google Scholar (Setup connection to get to PDFs)Use Google Scholar to find articles from academic publishers, professional societies, research institutes, and scholarly repositories from colleges and universities. If you are using from off-campus access, change the "Library Settings" to University of Minnesota Twin Cities. Look for the "FindIt@U of M Twin Cities" links in your Google Scholar search results to access full text and PDFs. View this tutorial to learn how to go from a general idea to a very precise set of results of journal articles and scholarly materials.
- APA PsycInfoFind articles in thousands of psychology journals, from 1806 to current. View this tutorial to learn how to go from a general idea to a very precise set of results of journal articles and scholarly materials.
Then try any of the following:
- Libraries SearchSearch the University of Minnesota Libraries to find books, scholarly journal articles, news, magazines, media, and other items in the University's collection. View this tutorial to learn how to go from a general idea to a very precise set of results of journal articles and scholarly materials.
- Education SourceSearch full-text education journals covering all levels of education--from early childhood to higher education--as well as all educational specialties, such as multilingual education, health education and testing.
Also check out:
- ERIC Education (Ebscohost)ERIC (Education Resources Information Center) is a database of full-text education literature and resources. With coverage dating back to 1966, it is essential for education researchers of all kinds.
- LGBTQ+ SourceLGBTQ+ Source contains indexing, abstracts, amd select full text for LGBTQ+ specific core periodicals. Books, newsletters, case studies, dissertations, and core primary sources are also represented. LGBTQ+ Source content is largely unique from other databases, and it includes indexing from its own LGBTQ+ focused thesaurus.
- Bibliography of Indigenous Peoples in North AmericaCovering all aspects of native North American culture, history, and life with 80,000+ citations for books, essays, journal articles, and government documents of the United States and Canada. This resource covers a wide range of topics including archaeology, multicultural relations, gaming, governance, legend, and literacy. Dates of coverage for included content range from the sixteenth century to the present.
- Chicano DatabaseSearch Mexican-American and Chicano studies and the broader Latino experience of Puerto Ricans, Cuban Americans and Central American immigrants with topics such as art, education, health, language, literature, politics and more.
- Race Relations AbstractsDiscover articles covering essential areas related to race relations, including ethnic studies, discrimination, immigration studies, and other areas of key relevance to the discipline.
- Women's Studies InternationalThis database is a compilation of ten databases covering journal articles, books, anthology chapters, and reports for feminist writings from 1972 to the present.
- SPORT DiscusThe world's most comprehensive bibliographic resources for all aspects of sport and fitness. Includes websites, conference papers, journal articles, unpublished papers and theses. It also includes Full-text access to over 350 journals. Limited to 8 simultaneous users.
Last Updated: May 2, 2022 3:34 PM