This guide is designed for new researchers to find articles, sources and get started with research in topics related to Sport Management
- SPORT DiscusThe world's most comprehensive bibliographic resources for all aspects of sport and fitness. Includes websites, conference papers, journal articles, unpublished papers and theses. It also includes Full-text access to over 350 journals. Limited to 8 simultaneous users.
- Google Scholar (Setup connection to get to PDFs)Use Google Scholar to find articles from academic publishers, professional societies, research institutes, and scholarly repositories from colleges and universities. If you are using from off-campus access, change the "Library Settings" to University of Minnesota Twin Cities. Look for the "FindIt@U of M Twin Cities" links in your Google Scholar search results to access full text and PDFs. View this tutorial to learn how to go from a general idea to a very precise set of results of journal articles and scholarly materials.
- Business Source PremierFind business articles from journals and magazines in marketing, management, information technology, operations, human resources, accounting, finance and economics dating back to 1965.
- Academic Search PremierA great place to start your research on any topic, search multidisciplinary, scholarly research articles. This database provides access to scholarly and peer reviewed journals, popular magazines and other resources. View this tutorial to learn how to go from a general idea to a very precise set of results of journal articles and scholarly materials.
Then try any of the following:
- Sports Market Analytics (SBRnet)Contains research data on the entire sports market including, consumer expenditures, brand share, participation, attendance and statistics about sport facilities, TV viewership, directories and full text articles from specialized sports industry magazines.
- Communication and Mass Media CompleteSearch for journal articles on topics such as communication, mass media, film, television, marketing, business communication, health communication, and more.
- ScopusSearch for information from scientific journals, books and conference proceedings. Covers the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
Also check out:
- Mintel Market ResearchMintel reports provide market research on consumer products, services, and lifestyles to identify economic drivers, leading companies, market share, market size, trends, segmentation, and analysis of consumer attitudes and purchasing habits. Includes Mintel Trends to analyze consumer trends by sectors, demographics, themes and regions.
- World News ConnectionA service bringing news from around the world, translated into English, between 1995 and 2013. The information is obtained from newspaper articles, television and radio broadcasts, online sources, conference proceedings, periodicals, and non-classified reports.
- OregonPDF in health & performanceThis database contaings graduate dissertations and theses in areas related to health and performance from 1948 to the present. The focus of the collection is physical activity. Academic areas of interest include biochemistry, biomechanics, dance, exercise physiology, history or philosophy of physical education, kinesiology, motor control, obesity, recreation, sports marketing, sports medicine, sports pedagogy, sports psychology, and tests and measurements.
Last Updated: Mar 1, 2022 12:37 PM