This guide covers search tools for research in topics related to information systems and technology.
- ACM (Association For Computing Machinery) Digital LibraryFull text of most Association for Computing Machinery journals and proceedings since 1950. It also includes publications of affiliated organizations.
- IEEE XploreFull-text access to the transactions, journals, magazines and conference proceedings of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. Includes all current IEEE Standards.
- Business Source PremierFind business articles from journals and magazines in marketing, management, information technology, operations, human resources, accounting, finance and economics dating back to 1965.
Then try any of the following:
- Compendex ArchiveNOTE: Select 'Ei Backfile' to search the content in the 'Compendex Archive'
Covers scholarly and technical periodicals, conference proceedings, and report literature from 1884-1968 in all engineering disciplines including applied physics, electronics, materials science, and related fields in science and management. Indexes nearly 3000 sources worldwide.
- ScopusSearch for information from scientific journals, books and conference proceedings. Covers the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
Also check out:
- SpringerLinkSearch journals, e-books, conference proceedings, and reference titles from Springer Publishing. Covers architecture and design, behavioral science, biomedical and life sciences, business and economics, chemistry and materials sciences, computer science and information technology, environmental sciences, engineering, humanities, social sciences, law, mathematics and statistics, medicine, operational research, physics, and astronomy.
- Encyclopedia of Information Science and TechnologyThis online encyclopedia provides over 10,000 definitions to technology terms and concepts, with an emphasis on computer-related subjects.
- Google Scholar (Setup connection to get to PDFs)Use Google Scholar to find articles from academic publishers, professional societies, research institutes, and scholarly repositories from colleges and universities. If you are using from off-campus access, change the "Library Settings" to University of Minnesota Twin Cities. Look for the "FindIt@U of M Twin Cities" links in your Google Scholar search results to access full text and PDFs. View this tutorial to learn how to go from a general idea to a very precise set of results of journal articles and scholarly materials.
Last Updated: Feb 10, 2023 12:03 PM