This guide covers search tools for research in topics related to Spanish language and literature.
- MLA International BibliographyIncludes books and articles on the Spanish language and Spanish literature from around the world.
- Hispanic American Periodicals IndexSearches scholarly journals published around the world on Latin America, including articles on Spanish American literatures and peculiarities of Spanish spoken in Latin America.
Then try any of the following:
- HLAS Online (Handbook of Latin American Studies)Includes articles, book chapters, and conference papers on Spanish American literature and peculiarities of Spanish spoken in Latin America.
- Literature OnlineFind literary criticism and scholarly articles on literature included in the Annual Bibliography of English Language and Literature and The MLA International Bibliography. It also includes an online full text library of literary reference resources and searchable full-text of over 300,000 works of English and American poetry, drama, and prose.
Also check out:
- JSTORFind full text articles in academic journals or books on the arts, humanities, social sciences, and sciences. JSTOR provides articles from the journal's first issue. In some cases the most recent 2-5 years may not be available. View this tutorial to learn how to go from a general idea to a very precise set of results of journal articles and scholarly materials.
- Project MuseSearch for full-text journals in literary theory, classics, history and cultural studies, philosophy, film, theater and performing arts, political science, and mathematics.
- ScopusSearch for information from scientific journals, books and conference proceedings. Covers the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
Last Updated: Jan 6, 2023 11:42 AM