This guide is designed for new researchers to find articles, sources and get started with research in topics related to Minnesota, local and state government and more.
- State of Minnesota WebsiteMinnesota.gov is the entry point to Minnesota State government information and services including the Governor, state, local, region and tribal governments and links to government services.
- Minnesota Secretary of StateThis office affects Minnesotans in all 87 counties, whether that's ensuring the election system is fair, open, impartial, and secure; making it as easy as possible for Minnesotans to set up and run their businesses; or helping protect victims of domestic violence and others who fear for their safety.
- Minnesota Legislative Reference LibraryThe Minnesota Legislative Reference Library (LRL) serves the Legislature and the citizens of Minnesota by assuring access to essential information resources that support the legislative process and promote the understanding of state government. You can find information on specific bills proposed and information on each legislator.
Then try any of the following:
- Minnesota Historical SocietyThe Minnesota Historical Society preserves Minnesota's past through historic collections, exhibits, locations, events and more. It is a private, non-profit educational and cultural institution established in 1849.
- QuickFacts: Minnesota - U.S. Census BureauProvides statistics for all states and counties, and for cities and towns with a population of 5,000 or more.
Also check out:
- Comprehensive Guide for Minnesota & Local Government InformationA thorough directory of sources for policy and legislation in the state of Minnesota.
Last Updated: Jul 1, 2022 10:31 AM