This guide is intended to help faculty in the Medical School at the University of Minnesota identify case studies that can be used in their teaching.
- McGraw-Hill Case Files: Basic SciencesCovering anatomy, biochemistry, microbiology, neuroscience, pathology, pharmacology, and physiology.
- McGraw-Hill Case Files: Clinical MedicineCovering anesthesiology, emergency medicine, family medicine, internal medicine, neurology, obstetrics & gynecology, pediatrics, psychiatry, and surgery.
- Symptom MediaSymptom Media is a film library of 180 clinical training vignettes that serves as an integral educational tool for "symptom recognition." All films are produced with an experienced multi-disciplinary behavioral health team working in concert with professional scriptwriters, filmmakers and highly trained actors, facilitating a synergistic realism and clinical accuracy during the entire filmmaking process. Videos range in length from 30 seconds to 15 minutes.
Then try any of the following:
Family Medicine Cases
Internal Medicine Cases
Also check out:
- Aquifer Free Interdisciplinary CasesAquifer is a non-profit organization dedicated to delivering evidence-based, peer-reviewed virtual learning to support best practices in clinical teaching and learning. Most content is available to subscribers only, but there are some interdisciplinary cases available for free.
- MedEdPortalA peer-reviewed, open-access journal that promotes educational scholarship and dissemination of teaching and assessment resources in the health professions. MedEdPORTAL publications are stand-alone, complete teaching or learning modules that have been implemented and evaluated with medical or dental trainees or practitioners.
- Virtual Interactive Case SystemCovers anesthesia, obstetrics, and rheumatology. Also has content specific to nurse practitioner and pharmacy programs.
Last Updated: Oct 11, 2022 11:48 AM