Market Evaluation Sources
Global Market Research
- Mintel Market ResearchMintel reports provide market research on consumer products, services, and lifestyles to identify economic drivers, leading companies, market share, market size, trends, segmentation, and analysis of consumer attitudes and purchasing habits. Includes Mintel Trends to analyze consumer trends by sectors, demographics, themes and regions.
- Mintel Global New Products DatabaseMintel Global New Products Database (GNPD) is a source of new product information. GNPD includes new product launches since 1996, spans 86 countries in all CPG categories, including OTC healthcare and records image, product and package details.
- MarketResearch.com AcademicMarket research reports on service industries, consumer goods,food and beverage, heavy industry, life sciences, technology and media.
- Frost & Sullivan Market Research ReportsUse for business research and to find Frost & Sullivan's market and industry reports for over 300 markets and 250,000 companies for industrial markets organized into categories for Aerospace and Defense, Automotive and Transportation, Chemicals, Materials, Food; Electronics and Security, Energy and Power Systems, Environment and Building Technologies, Healthcare and Medical Devices, Measurement and Instrumentation, Information and Communication Technologies, and Industrial Automation and Process Control.
- BCC Research (Business)BCC provides market research, forecasting, and industry intelligence reports. BCC reports provide information on major economic, scientific, and technological developments in industrial, pharmaceutical, and high technology organizations.
- IBIS World (Business)Search industry reports for the United States, Canada, China, and global topics. Each report provides an overall current picture of an industry, including overviews, leading companies, sales information, and authoritative sources for researching hundreds of industries. Includes Business Environmental Profiles that summarize key drivers for industries in the U.S.
- EMIS ProfessionalFind company and industry information, reports, statistics, proprietary mergers and acquisitions, credit analytics, benchmark indicators and trend comparisons to help understand emerging markets.
- Statista This link opens in a new windowStatista provides statistical data on many topics including media, business, politics, society, technology and education. Sources include market reports, trade publications, scientific journals, and government databases. Data can be accessed by searching or browsing by industry, topic, country, digital market or infographic. The Global Consumer Survey offers a global perspective on consumption and media usage, covering the offline and online world of the consumer. It is designed to help marketers, planners and product managers understand consumer behavior and consumer interactions with brands.
- Salt industry worldwideGlobal salt industry overview from Statista
- PanjivaA database of global suppliers, manufacturers, and trade professionals. Includes industry research and daily news and analysis. Access requires a user login and password. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in setting up an account.
News and Academic Research Articles
- FactivaSearch millions of newspapers, business magazines, and newswires with international and foreign language coverage with all editions of the Wall Street Journal. Financial information for publicly traded companies, stocks, funds, currencies, and common market indexes. Limited to 7 simultaneous users.
- International Newsstream This link opens in a new windowInternational news from newspapers, newswires, transcripts, and digital-only news sites in full-text format. Over 800 of the world's top news sources.
- Wall Street Journal (WSJ.com)Students and staff can set up a free account with WSJ.COM to access to the articles, photographs, charts, podcasts, videos and other content available on the website.
Note: The link above will bring you automatically to the sign-up page. Click here to go directly to the Wall Street Journal's front page.
- Financial Times (FT.com)News, analysis and comment from the Financial Times, a leading global business publication. Current students, faculty, and staff must register and create personal accounts using University of Minnesota e-mail addresses at the link above.
Sample news articles are an excellent source for emerging trends impacting salt in food
- French app Yuka brings people power to the supermarket aisleThis article shows how technology is bringing more product information to consumers. See impact on salt in private label brands.
- Boris Johnson rejects proposal to tax sugar and salt in foodLearn more about the UK's National Food Strategy.
Search Research Articles
- Web of ScienceA comprehensive interdisciplinary collection of journal article citations. Subjects generally covered are within science and technology, arts and humanities, and social sciences. View this tutorial to learn how to go from a general idea to a very precise set of results of journal articles and scholarly materials.
- PubMedSearches MEDLINE, which is the primary source of journal articles for the health sciences (fields of medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, public health, health care systems, and basic sciences). Coverage is from the 1940s to the present. View this tutorial to learn how to go from a general idea to a very precise set of results of journal articles and scholarly materials.
Sample research articles providing regional detail on policy and regulation of salt
- Systematic Review of Salt Reduction Initiatives Around the WorldPublished in 2021 and provides comparative analysis of various reduction schemes.
- Sodium intake and its reduction by food reformulation in the European Union — A reviewThis review article (2015) looks at sodium intake in the European Union, provides an update on the efforts being made to reduce the sodium content of food products in various industries via food reformulation and identify the factors motivating food reformulation.
United Nations Materials and Documentation
- Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) UNSearch this site for consumption and policy data at a global scale. Includes standards for consumable salt.
World Health Organization Materials & Documentation
- WHO - World Health OrganizationWHO coordinates programs aimed at solving health problems, in areas such as immunization, health education and the provision of essential drugs. Working through offices in more than 150 countries, WHO staff work side by side with governments and other partners to ensure the highest attainable level of health for all people.
- WHO Salt reductionThis page details recent targets for salt reduction in selected countries with target dates.
European Union Materials & Documentation
- Dietary Salt/Sodium - EU Health PromotionReview this page for details on EU level policy. Find country level details throughout.
- Orbis (Company Research)Orbis delivers information on over 170 million public and private companies across the globe. The information includes: financial strength metrics and projected financials, associated news and independent research, extensive corporate ownership structures and beneficial ownership, original filed documents, individuals associated with companies, global M&A deals and rumors.
- PitchBookUse PitchBook to search thousands of private equity and venture capital deals by hundreds of criteria. Establish benchmarks, find real time data on deals, identify and analyze comparables, and search investor details.
- S&P Capital IQ PRO (with access to ESG and Panjiva Supply Chain)S&P Capital IQ PRO (formerly known as S&P Market Intelligence and SNL) is a platform that integrates real time and historical financial and industry data, research and news. Analyze thousands of global public and private companies, their ownership structure, and related transaction data. PRO provides access to a wide range of ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) data and analytics and trade and supply chain data with Panjiva. See "More Info" for detailed account creation instructions first time users.
Guest users not affiliated with the University, please contact email@example.com ahead of your visit to arrange for login access.
Last Updated: Dec 14, 2022 11:03 AM