Search for books, journals, articles, media and more.
Map Library (in Wilson Library)
Mapping Prejudice Project
Immigration History Research Center Archives (in Andersen Library)
Primary sources in arts, humanities, & social sciences
History, Humanities, Social Sciences
Primary sources in these disciplines are original records created at the time historical events occurred or well after events in the form of memoirs and oral histories.
Examples include: Letters, manuscripts, diaries, rare books, historical photographs, first-hand accounts or documentary sources on a subject, person, event or issue; newspapers written at the time of an event, song, or film from time period, historical maps, government reports or data, etc.
Primary Sources Online A-Z: Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences and Professional Programs
by Kate Peterson Last Updated Jul 31, 2020 373 views this year
Tutorial: Getting the most out of Google Scholar
- Identify the differences between Google and Google Scholar
- Understand how to access University of Minnesota Libraries-licensed materials through Google Scholar’s “Library Links”
- Search more effectively using Google Scholar’s advanced features and settings
What is a citation manager?
A citation manager is a software tool used to create personalized databases of citation information and notes. They allow you to:
- import and organize citation information from article indexes and other sources,
- export your citations into Word documents or other types of publications,
- format citations for your papers and bibliographies using APA and many other styles, and
- include your own notes.
Choosing a citation manager
|Zotero||Mendeley||EndNote X9||EndNote Basic|
|Styles||Many citation styles||Many citation styles||Many citation styles||Fewer citation styles|
|Plug-ins||Microsoft Word||Microsoft Word||Microsoft Word||Microsoft Word|
|Storage||300MB free||2GB free||Unlimited||2GB free|
|Editor integration||Word, Google Docs||Word||Word||Word|
|Support||Zotero support||Mendeley support||EndNote X9 support||EndNote Basic support|