Welcome to your library course guide for CSCI 4511W, intended to the literature review assignment as part of your final project. If you have questions on any of the information below or with finding what you need, you are welcome to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or schedule a research consultation.
- Hannah Cabullo, your Computer Science & Engineering librarian
Searching for literature
When doing a literature review, it is important to search multiple places, since you are working to understand the state of knowledge on your topic. Below are our main databases for computer science, and they contain a variety of types of sources (primarily journal articles and conference proceedings).
Use the search tips below to combine your search terms.
The following search tips tend to work across different databases:
- Use the word AND to link concepts together: innovation AND product complexity
- Use the word OR with parentheses to search for synonyms: education AND (AI OR artificial intelligence)
- Use quotation marks to search for a specific phrase: “knowledge management”
- Use an asterisk to search for multiple endings of a root word: comput* - to find compute, computer, computing, computation