Cricut Equipment & Supplies
The Cricut Maker is a precise cutting tool used for a variety of crafts made out of paper, vinyl, fabric, cardboard, and more. Our Cricut Maker primarily supports vinyl and paper crafts, but also has the capability to cut fabric and cardboard with the change of a blade (see red box of Cricut tools). The maximum size material the Cricut Maker can cut at one time measures 24” x 12”.
- Premium fine point blade (for most materials)
- Deep cut blade
- Rotary blade
- Scoring tool
- Cutting mats
- Printable vinyl
- Printable sticker paper
- Color vinyl
- Color cardstock
- Transfer tape
Make Basic Cuts with the Cricut
Open Cricut DesignSpace on the computer.
- Create an account. It's free!
Create a shape or upload an image to cut out.
- To upload an image, find an image online or use your own. High contrast clip art works best, especially those with transparent backgrounds. (If you cannot find an image with a transparent background, Design Space has a very basic function to do this.) Follow the instructions.
- To print and then cut the image in full color with printable vinyl or sticker paper, choose "Print then cut." To cut out the image with colored vinyl or paper, choose "Cut."
- After adjusting or editing your creation, click "Make It" and follow the instructions.
Choose your material, prepare the mat, and load the machine.
You can cut your material based on the size of your design.
- Use a Cricut mat (blue LightGrip for lightweight materials, green StandardGrip for heavier materials, or purple StrongGrip or pink Fabric for the heaviest and hardest to manage materials).
- Stick your material to the mat right side up.
- Slide the mat into the machine just enough for the mat to catch the black rollers.
- Press the arrow button on the Cricut to load the machine, and then press the C button to start.
- If you need to change the blade, watch this.
After it's done, remove your finished product!
Flip the cutting mat upside down and peel the mat off your material. Your vinyl or paper won't curl up.
Troubleshooting the Cricut
DesignSpace is asking to download a plugin but my password doesn't work.
Don't try to enter an admin password. Ask a staff member nearby to do this for you, with a special login.
The printer won't print my sticker.
Check that the power light on the printer is lit. If it is, there is probably a print job stuck in the queue. Restart the computer. If that doesn't solve the problem, grab a staff member.
The blade isn't making clean cuts.
Remove the blade housing from the B clamp, carefully push the blade out of the housing, and clean off the blade. If the cuts are still poor, replace the blade.
My sticker paper keeps getting jammed in the printer.
Sometimes the paper gets floppy, which causes it to jam. Roll the paper up in the opposite direction, and then try again.