The FormLabs resin printing tools
The Form 3 printer and its accessories
The Form 3 is a resin-based 3D printer that can produce very high-resolution prints. It is especially good for printing detailed anatomical models, creating molds, prototyping devices where high precision is required, and other applications. The printer uses a liquid resin instead of the plastic filament used by the FDM printers. It has a build volume of 145 × 145 × 185 mm.
The FormLabs printing tools
- The Form 3 printer
- The Form Wash
- The Form Cure
- Printer resin
- Isopropyl alcohol (IPA)
Printing with the Form 3: The basics
Preparing the file
- Export or download your model as an STL or OBJ file.
- Open the file in PreForm (installed on our computers).
- Adjust the settings to your preferences
- Choose the layer thickness (thinner layers will take longer but look smoother).
- You can use one-click print, or you can manually adjust the settings.
- Check the "printability" sidebar for warnings about whether your print will fail.
- Send file to the Form 3 over USB, Ethernet, WiFi, or Remote Print upload.
Get ready to print
- Make sure that the build platform, resin cartridge, and resin tank are prepared properly. Follow the onscreen warnings to help with this.
- Press print
- Use the Form Wash to rinse your print in isopropyl alcohol (IPA).
- Remove the supports and cure the object in the Form Cure.