Introduction to Citation Managers Workshop: Videos
What is a citation manager?
A citation manager is a software tool used to create personalized databases of citation information and notes. They allow you to:
- import and organize citation information from article indexes and other sources,
- export your citations into Word documents or other types of publications,
- format citations for your papers and bibliographies using APA and many other styles, and
- include your own notes.
Choosing a citation manager
Zotero is a free, open-source citation manager that:
- imports and organizes citations and PDFs;
- recognizes and creates citations for wide range of file types;
- formats citations in thousands of styles including APA and Chicago;
- easily adds in-text citations to Word and Google Doc documents, and creates a bibliography from those citations;
- allows you to add notes to your citation information for later use.
- create your own database of citations by importing references from article databases and the library catalog
- have unlimited reference and attachment storage
- automatically generate bibliographies and in-text citations in all major styles
- edit and customize styles
Last Updated: Jan 12, 2023 11:22 AM