- Academic Search PremierA great place to start your research on any topic, search multidisciplinary, scholarly research articles. This database provides access to scholarly and peer reviewed journals, popular magazines and other resources. View this tutorial to learn how to go from a general idea to a very precise set of results of journal articles and scholarly materials.
- Communication and Mass Media CompleteSearch for journal articles on topics such as communication, mass media, film, television, marketing, business communication, health communication, and more.
- JSTORFind full text articles in academic journals or books on the arts, humanities, social sciences, and sciences. JSTOR provides articles from the journal's first issue. In some cases the most recent 2-5 years may not be available. View this tutorial to learn how to go from a general idea to a very precise set of results of journal articles and scholarly materials.
- Taylor & Francis: Communication StudiesFind scholarly articles from over fifty top journalism and communication studies journals.
Journals on Game Studies
- Computers in entertainment (CIE)Online magazine about a wide range of theoretical and practical computer applications in the entertainment industry, including engagement, playfulness, creative technique, business, pleasurability, and “funology.”
- Eludamos: Journal for Computer Game CultureELUDAMOS is an international, multi-disciplined, biannual e-journal that publishes peer-reviewed articles that theoretically and/or empirically deal with digital games in their manifold appearances and their sociocultural-historical contexts.
- Games and CultureTheoretical and empirical research about games and culture within interactive media
- Game Studies: The International Journal of Computer Game ResearchOpen access journal focused on the aesthetic, cultural and communicative aspects of computer games.
- Journal of Games CriticismThe journal strives to be a producer of feed-forward approaches to video games criticism with a focus on influencing gamer culture, the design and writing of video games, and the social understanding of video games and video games criticism.
- Loading...: The Journal of the Canadian Game Studies AssociationOriginal and interdisciplinary academic research on video games
- Simulation & Gaming: An International Journal of Theory, Practice and ResearchAcademic and applied issues in the expanding fields of simulation, computer- and internet-mediated simulation, virtual reality, educational games, video games, industrial simulators, active and experiential learning, case studies, and related methodologies
- FactivaSearch millions of newspapers, business magazines, and newswires with international and foreign language coverage with all editions of the Wall Street Journal. Financial information for publicly traded companies, stocks, funds, currencies, and common market indexes. Limited to 7 simultaneous users.
- U.S. Newsstream This link opens in a new windowSearch the most recent premium U.S. news content, as well as archives which stretch back into the 1980s featuring newspapers, newswires, blogs, and news sites in active full-text format.
Video game archives (online)
- Internet Arcade (Internet Archive)The Internet Arcade is a web-based library of hundreds of arcade (coin-operated) video games from the 1970s through to the 1990s, emulated in JSMAME, part of the JSMESS software package.
- MS-DOS Games (Internet Archive)MS-DOS game collection including action, strategy, adventure and other unique genres of game and entertainment software. Available through the use of the EM-DOSBOX in-browser emulator, these programs are bootable and playable.
- Moby GamesA catalog of credits, screenshots, formats, and release info about electronic games (computer, console, and arcade). In layman's terms, it's a huge game database.
Last Updated: Aug 1, 2022 4:03 PM