- PubMedSearches MEDLINE, which is the primary source of journal articles for the health sciences (fields of medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, public health, health care systems, and basic sciences). Coverage is from the 1940s to the present. View this tutorial to learn how to go from a general idea to a very precise set of results of journal articles and scholarly materials.
- Business Source PremierFind business articles from journals and magazines in marketing, management, information technology, operations, human resources, accounting, finance and economics dating back to 1965.
- MEDLINE (Ovid)Searches MEDLINE, which is the primary source of journal articles for the health sciences (fields of medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, public health, health care systems, and basic sciences). Ovid MEDLINE is optimized for advanced literature searches. Coverage is from the 1940s to the present.
- APA PsycInfoFind articles in thousands of psychology journals, from 1806 to current. View this tutorial to learn how to go from a general idea to a very precise set of results of journal articles and scholarly materials.
- Social Services AbstractsCSA Social Services Abstracts provides bibliographic coverage of current research focused on social work, human services, and related areas, including social welfare, social policy, and community development. The database abstracts and indexes over 1,600 serials publications and includes abstracts of journal articles and dissertations, and citations to book reviews from 1979 to the present.
Possible Keywords to Try in Databases
- Long term care
- Nursing home administrator
- Aging policy
- Home health care services
- Health services administration
- Healthcare administration
- Healthcare executives
- Healthcare management
- Healthcare industry
- Healthcare managers
- Health information systems
- Health policy
- Healthcare disparities
- Hospital administration
- Insurance, health
- Medical policy
- Health care reform
Public health administration
Tutorial: Creating an effective search strategy
Tutorial: What is a library database and why should I use one?
- Tutorial: What is a library database and why should I use one?Learn what a database is and how it can be helpful in your research
Tutorial: Exploring a scholarly research article
Tutorial: How to read and comprehend scientific research articles
- What is a Citation Manager and When To Use OneA tutorial focused on: What is a Citation Manager, when to use one, and examples of citation managers.
- Citation Managers (e.g. Zotero, EndNote Online, etc.)Citation managers are software packages used to create personalized databases of citation information and notes. They allow you to: import and organize citation information from article indexes and other sources; save links to pdfs and other documents; format citations for your papers and bibliographies using APA and many other styles; and include your own notes.
- Center for WritingThey take walk-ins, and both in-person and online appointments. Also find online quick help and resources for writers on the writing process, common assignments, grammar, punctuation, style and more. Put the polishing touches on your work.
Presentation Practice & Recording
- 1:Button Studios1:Button Studios are fully automated HD video recording spaces with professional studio lighting and sound equipment. They are set up to record high-quality video projects without any knowledge of lights and cameras. There are currently four 1:Button Studio locations on campus (Magrath Library has the one on St. Paul).
Wellness resources: Taking Care of U
There are resources all over campus to support you as you navigate student life:
- Student Counseling Services: They promote student success by helping you with: mental health and life concerns, learning and academic skills challenges, career uncertainty, faculty/staff to student communication, and more!
- Boynton Mental Health: They support mental health through counseling services, medication management, and crisis care.
- Learn to Live: This platform offers therapy in five targeted areas: Social Anxiety, Depression Program, our Insomnia, Substance Use, and Stress, Anxiety and Worry.
- Let's Talk: These are informal virtual and in person drop-in consultations for students throughout the academic year. No appointment is necessary and find out more about counseling options.
- Nutritious U Food Pantry: They provides fresh and healthy food to students that struggle to get enough to eat. Any student can visit the food pantry, no proof of need is needed.
- RecWell: Campus exercise and fitness facilities, classes and more. Studies show that working out can reduce stress and improve your mental health. Physical health is very important!
- Pet Away Worry and Stress: (PAWS): Hang out with some of our furry and feathered friends, offered weekly this semester!
A sample of relevant ebooks
- The Licensing Exam Review Guide in Nursing Home Administration, Seventh Edition byISBN: 9780826129192Publication Date: 2015-12-28
- Nursing Home Administration byISBN: 0826107044Publication Date: 2011-01-01
- Long-Term Care Medicine byISBN: 9781607611424Publication Date: 2010-11-23
Last Updated: Dec 21, 2022 11:42 AM