What is the UMN Libraries student advisory board?
The new University of Minnesota Libraries’ Student Advisory Board is the undergraduate student leadership team of the UMN Libraries. Board members represent the student body and share feedback on library spaces, collections, and services. Board members also work with librarians and library staff on student engagement and outreach projects.
We have found board members to serve for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- In spring 2022, applications will be open to any UMN undergraduate student.
- Students do not need to be familiar with or have prior knowledge of the UMN Libraries. We are seeking people with a range of experience using the Libraries.
- We are looking for students who are team players, curious, open-minded, and excited about gathering and sharing student voices.
- We hope for students to become ambassadors for the Libraries’ services, spaces, programs and collections. We encourage students from underrepresented groups or diverse backgrounds to apply.
Board members are paid a stipend of $500 per academic year. Board members are expected to attend bi-weekly meetings (about 2 per month) and put in an additional 2-4 hours of work per month. Members can attend meetings in-person or online, but we anticipate some events will require in-person attendance.
What will I gain if I join?
- Influence the shape of Library services and spaces important to you and your peers.
- Gain leadership experience and other skills to add to your resume and build connections for job references or future opportunities such as graduate school, etc.
- Meet students from across the University, make new friends, and help create the campus community you want.
- Receive training on topics such as libraries resources, events planning, communication, and outreach.
How do I apply?
We will open the application for the 2022-2023 academic year in spring 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact Richmond Kinney (email@example.com).