Find practice tests, test preparation tips, and more.
Test & Finals Preparation - Online videos
- Final Exam Prep from EffectiveUPreparing for finals is more than just studying the week prior! It includes regular review of class topics throughout the semester and some end-of-semester planning, too. At the end of this tutorial, you will be able to: Recognize how preparing and studying for final exams is different than studying for other tests. Apply new study skills to help with exam preparation throughout the semester. Build a schedule to manage your end-of-semester tasks.
- Test Like an Ace from EffectiveUPreparing for exams is important for your academic success. At the end of this tutorial, you will be able to: Recognize how class content relates to exams Understand how to apply tips for exam preparation Use new techniques to prepare for and take exams
- Concentration and Memory from EffectiveUYour ability to concentrate and get course content into memory (and out again) is important to college success. There are many things you can do to improve your concentration and memory. At the end of this tutorial, you will be able to: Recognize how concentration and memory are tied to academic motivation & success Apply new habits that positively impact concentration and memory
Sample courses available:
- Test Prep: GRE
- Preparing for the GMAT
- Learning Study Skills
- GRE Secrets Study Guide byISBN: 9781609718541Publication Date: 2019***Includes Practice Test Questions*** GRE Secrets helps you ace the Graduate Record Examination, without weeks and months of endless studying. Our comprehensive GRE Secrets study guide is written by our exam experts, who painstakingly researched every topic and concept that you need to know to ace your test.
- GRE Literature in English Test Flashcard Study SystemISBN: 9781614035565Publication Date: 2019GRE Literature in English Test Flashcard Study System uses repetitive methods of study to teach you how to break apart and quickly solve difficult test questions on the Graduate Record Examination. Study after study has shown that spaced repetition is the most effective form of learning, and nothing beats flashcards when it comes to making repetitive learning fun and fast.
- GRE - Quantitative Reasoning Quickstudy guideISBN: 9781423234951Publication Date: 2017
- GRE Math Tests byISBN: 188905741XPublication Date: 2014-05-01Twenty-three GRE Math Tests! The GRE math section is not easy. There is no quick fix that will allow you to "beat" the section. But GRE math is very learnable. If you study hard and master the techniques in this book, your math score will improve--significantly! The GRE cannot be "beaten." But it can be mastered--through hard work, analytical thought, and by training yourself to think like a test writer.
- 101 Ways to Score Higher on Your GRE byISBN: 1601385196Publication Date: 2009-09-04101 Ways to Score Higher on Your GRE is filled with practice questions and reviews of test topics, including antonyms, analogies, sentence completion, reading comprehension, vocabulary, analytical writing, quantitative comparisons, data interpretation, and math concepts.
- GRE 4000: The 4000 Words Essential for the GRE. byISBN: 1282958046Publication Date: 2011-01-01The verbal section of the GRE is essentially a vocabulary test. With a few exceptions, if you know the word, you will probably be able to answer the question correctly. Thus, it is crucial that you improve your vocabulary. Even if you have a strong vocabulary, you will still encounter unfamiliar words on the GRE. Many students write off questions, which contain words, they don t recognize. This is a mistake. This book introduces numerous techniques that decode unfamiliar words and prod your memory of words you only half-remember. With these techniques, you will often be able to squeeze out enough meaning from an unfamiliar word to answer a question correctly. Nevertheless, don t rely on just these techniques you must study word lists.
Free test materials
GRE Test Prep Materials
Sample questions, tips, and more to help you succeed on the GRE.
GRE Practice Test
A free, full-length GRE practice test provided by The Princeton Review.
MCAT exam (Medical School)
- MCAT Prep Book byISBN: 9781516707393Publication Date: 2017-03-13Mometrix Test Preparation's MCAT Prep Book: MCAT Secrets Study Guide is the ideal prep solution for anyone who wants to pass their Medical College Admission Test. The exam is extremely challenging, and thorough test preparation is essential for success. Our study guide includes: Practice test questions with detailed answer explanations Step-by-step video tutorials to help you master difficult concepts Tips and strategies to help you get your best test performance A complete review of all MCAT test sections Verbal Reasoning Physical Science Biological Sciences MCAT is a registered trademark of the Association of American Medical Colleges, which does not endorse this product or its methodology. The Mometrix guide is filled with the critical information you will need in order to do well on your MCAT exam: the concepts, procedures, principles, and vocabulary that the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) expects you to have mastered before sitting for your exam. The Verbal Reasoning section covers: Reading comprehension Critical thinking skills The Physical Science section covers: General chemistry Physics The Biological Sciences section covers: Biology Digestive system Excretory system Muscle and skeletal systems Respiratory system Skin system Reproductive system and development Organic chemistry ...and much more Our guide is full of specific and detailed information that will be key to passing your exam. Concepts and principles aren't simply named or described in passing, but are explained in detail. The Mometrix MCAT study guide is laid out in a logical and organized fashion so that one section naturally flows from the one preceding it. Because it's written with an eye for both technical accuracy and accessibility, you will not have to worry about getting lost in dense academic language. Any test prep guide is only as good as its practice questions and answer explanations, and that's another area where our guide stands out. The Mometrix test prep team has provided plenty of MCAT practice test questions to prepare you for what to expect on the actual exam. Each answer is explained in depth, in order to make the principles and reasoning behind it crystal clear. Many concepts include links to online review videos where you can watch our instructors break down the topics so the material can be quickly grasped. Examples are worked step-by-step so you see exactly what to do. We've helped hundreds of thousands of people pass standardized tests and achieve their education and career goals. We've done this by setting high standards for Mometrix Test Preparation guides, and our MCAT Prep Book: MCAT Secrets Study Guide is no exception. It's an excellent investment in your future. Get the MCAT review you need to be successful on your exam.
- MCAT Practice Questions byISBN: 9781614035831Publication Date: 2015-02-25MCAT Practice Questions are the simplest way to prepare for the MCAT test. Practice is an essential part of preparing for a test and improving a test taker's chance of success. The best way to practice taking a test is by going through lots of practice test questions. If someone has never taken a practice test, then they are unprepared for the types of questions and answer choices that they will encounter on the official test. There is a tremendous advantage to someone taking the test that is already familiar with the questions and answer choices. Another advantage of taking practice tests is that you can assess your performance and see if you need to study and practice more, or if you're already prepared enough to achieve success on your test day. If you do well on the practice test, then you know you're prepared. If you struggle on the practice test, then you know you may still have more work to do to get prepared. Taking lots of practice tests helps ensure that you are not surprised or disappointed on your test day. Our MCAT Practice Questions give you the opportunity to test your knowledge on a set of questions. You can know everything that is going to be covered on the test and it will not do you any good on test day if you have not had a chance to practice. Repetition is a key to success and using practice test questions allows you to reinforce your strengths and improve your weaknesses. Detailed answer explanations are also included for each question. It may sound obvious, but you have to know which questions you missed (and more importantly why you missed them) to be able to avoid making the same mistakes again when you take the real test. That's why our MCAT Practice Questions include answer keys with detailed answer explanations. These in-depth answer explanations will allow you to better understand any questions that were difficult for you or that you needed more help to understand.
- MCAT Preparation Guide byISBN: 9780813108476Publication Date: 1995-01-18Competition for admission to American medical schools has always been intense. Now, with more than 40,000 pre-med students applying for the few available slots each year, scoring well on the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) is more critical than ever. The MCAT Preparation Guide offers students a systematic, sensible way to improve MCAT test scores. It recognizes their need to understand not only the subject areas covered but also the way the MCAT is structured and what test scorers look for. Extensively field tested at the University of Chicago, Tulane University, Howard University, and the University of Kentucky, this Guide has already helped hundreds of students to boost their MCAT scores significantly. With this edition, the Guide becomes available nationwide for the first time. One excellent feature is the chapter on preparing writing samples, a section of the MCAT often omitted or slighted in other guides. Here is a step-by step process for attacking writing sample prompts to produce superior essays.
- MCAT Flashcard Study System : MCAT Exam Practice Questions & Review for the Medical College Admission Test.ISBN: 9781610720090Publication Date: 2019
GMAT exam (Business school)
- GMAT Test Prep GMAT Secrets Study Guide byISBN: 9781516702282Publication Date: 2016-03-15Mometrix Test Preparation's GMAT Test Prep: GMAT Secrets Study Guide is the ideal prep solution for anyone who wants to pass their Graduate Management Admission Test. The exam is extremely challenging, and thorough test preparation is essential for success. Our study guide includes: Practice test questions with detailed answer explanations Step-by-step video tutorials to help you master difficult concepts Tips and strategies to help you get your best test performance A complete review of all GMAT test sections Analytical Writing Integrated Reasoning Quantitative Verbal GMAT(R) is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council(R). The Graduate Management Admission Council(R) does not endorse, nor is it affiliated in any way with the owner of or any content in this product. The Mometrix guide is filled with the critical information you will need in order to do well on your GMAT exam: the concepts, procedures, principles, and vocabulary that the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) expects you to have mastered before sitting for your exam.
- GMAT Flashcard Study System : GMAT Exam Practice Questions & Review for the Graduate Management Admissions Test. byISBN: 9781609718527Publication Date: 2019Study after study has shown that spaced repetition is the most effective form of learning, and nothing beats flashcards when it comes to making repetitive learning fun and fast. GMAT Flashcard Study System uses repetitive methods of study to teach you how to break apart and quickly solve difficult test questions on the test.
Our flashcards enable you to study small, digestible bits of information that are easy to learn and give you exposure to the different question types and concepts. With our flashcards, you'll be able to study anywhere, whenever you have a few free minutes of time.
- How to Pass the GMAT: unbeatable preparation for success in the Graduate Management Admission Test byISBN: 9780749451998Publication Date: 2007-04-03The best business schools place great emphasis on a candidate's performance in the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test). Yet many students let themselves down by poor preparation and deliver results which are at best average and at worst very poor indeed. How to Pass the GMAT is your way to put yourself at the head of the queue of over 250,000 people who consider applying to business school each year. Written by Mike Bryon, a recognised expert in psychometrics and training solutions, the book gives you the skills you need to gain a competitive score that will stand out. Beginning with a "warm up" for candidates whose knowledge of algebra, geometry, grammar and critical reasoning may be somewhat rusty, the book then expands to provide a rigorous rehearsal regime for the real test. In the pages which follow, you can test yourself with six full-length and highly realistic practice questions which will assess your capabilities in problem solving, data sufficiency, reading comprehension, sentence correction and more. Or, for the busy candidate short on time but still needing to practice, there are 20 different mini-tests. Brimming with more than 600 highly-focused practice questions, the book also provides you with full answers, explanations and assessment of scores. This means that not only can you see where you've gone wrong, but you can also see where to improve your performance and revise your approach to deliver a GMAT score which will be both a credit to you and which will put you in the higher reaches of the admission queue.
Test preparation materials
- Mometrix eLibrary'sExplore Mometrix eLibrary's online collection of college admission and placement resources.
- Test preparation materials in print in Walter LibraryResources to help you prepare for a standardized or graduate school admission test are available for currently enrolled University of Minnesota students. Test preparation material is located at the Walter Library reserve desk and is available for a three hour in library loan during building hours. Please remember to bring your U-Card.
Last Updated: Apr 18, 2022 1:43 PM