Search the Libraries for books, journals, articles, media and more.
What is technical writing?
A form of communication that:
- is used across most disciplines, but especially in Engineering, Science, and Medicine;
- is written for a specific audience;
- uses discipline/profession specific language and terminology;
- is designed to provide credible, relevant, and accurate information for an audience with the purpose of reaching a specific outcome;
- may be available in a variety of formats, including electronic and analog.
Examples of technical writing include: Contracts, FAQs, Policy Documents, Product Packaging, User Manuals, Technical Reports, and White Papers.
Scholarly Journal Articles
Popular Magazine and Newspaper Articles
Market & consumer research
Statistics, Polls, and Surveys
Communicate your research
Explore sample ebooks
Technical writing blogs
Technical writing podcasts
Technical report indexes
Helpful things to know
There are resources all over campus to support you as you navigate student life:
- Student Counseling Services: They promote student success by helping you with: mental health and life concerns, learning and academic skills challenges, career uncertainty, faculty/staff to student communication, and more!
- Boynton Mental Health Clinic: They support mental health through counseling services, medication management, and crisis care.
- Learn to Live: This platform offers therapy in five targeted areas: Social Anxiety, Depression Program, our Insomnia, Substance Use, and Stress, Anxiety and Worry.
- Nutritious U Food Pantry: They provides fresh and healthy food to students that struggle to get enough to eat. Any student can visit the food pantry, no proof of need is needed.
- Virtual Care Resources: Virtual care options for physical and mental health during this difficult time.
- RecWell: You still have access to the facilities and classes. Studies show that working out can reduce stress and improve your mental health. Physical health is very important!
- Pet Away Worry and Stress: Hang out virtually with some of our furry and feathered friends, offered weekly this semester!
- Take lots of stretch, snack, movement breaks
- Reach out to TAs, Instructors, peers, loved ones!