Finding Chemical & Physical Property Data
- Tutorial: How to Find Chemical and Physical Property InformationFinding chemical and physical property data is not always easy because there is no one place where all types of data for all substances is located, and it is not always clear where to look or whether you have looked in the right places. This tutorial will show you how and where to search.
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and PhysicsAnnually published reference source for chemical & physical property data, nomenclature, structure, & composition of substances. Includes physical constants of organic & inorganic compounds, conversion factors, & much more.
- KnovelOnline access to books, databases, and conference proceedings from a number of publishers that cover all areas of engineering and includes content relevant to related sciences (e.g., chemistry and earth sciences). It includes interactive graphs and tables.
- Merck Index: An Encyclopedia of Chemicals, Drugs, and BiologicalsClassic reference source for chemists with over 10,000 entries on drugs and pharmaceuticals, common organic chemicals and laboratory reagents. The entries include data such as chemical names, molecular formula, chemical structure, physical data, and literature references.
- NIST Chemistry WebBookChemical and physical property data from NIST Standard Reference Data Program and outside contributors. Searchable by name, chemical formula, CAS registry number, molecular weight, chemical structure, or selected ion energetics and spectral properties.
Last Updated: Feb 23, 2023 4:21 PM