About this tutorial
Knovel is a specialized online library that has detailed information about a wide variety of science and engineering topics. If you’re learning about a topic for the first time, and you’re not familiar with the scientific literature about it, Knovel is a great place to start.
After completing this tutorial, you will be able to:
- Recognize when Knovel could be a useful source of information
- Access and search Knovel
- Use reference sources in Knovel to find:
- additional information about a topic
- property data to answer specific questions about materials
Additional Resources and Getting Help
- Walk-through guide: Searching for a material property in Knovel
- Walk-through guide: Searching by topic in Knovel
- Want to know even more about using Knovel? Check out the Knovel video tutorials on the Knovel website.
- If you have any questions, please contact a Librarian
University of Minnesota Libraries Instructional Design
Designed by the University of Minnesota Libraries Instructional Design Team: Lindsay Matts-Benson and Andrew Palahniuk. For accessibility accommodations, or to receive this information in alternative formats, contact email@example.com or 612-624-0365.
The content in this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.