This is a course page designed to help students taking DES 1902 with Juanjuan Wu in Fall 2020.
Tutorial: Evaluating sources
- Berg Fashion LibraryBerg Fashion Library is a resource for students and researchers of fashion studies. It is interdisciplinary in nature, with great visual and integrated content in the areas of fashion, museum studies, cultural studies, anthropology, and more.
- ProQuest Art Design and Architecture CollectionA comprehensive survey of current publications in the fields of visual and applied arts. This collection includes the specialist indexes ARTbibliographies Modern (covering modern and contemporary art), Design and Applied Arts Index (for all aspects of design and crafts) and the International Bibliography of Art (covering scholarship on Western art history), together with a complementary collection of current full-text journals, Arts and Humanities Full Text.
An example of the wonderful articles from the databases.... so many, I posted just a few...
- "Design theory of contemporary "Chinese" fashionTsui, C. (2019). The Design Theory of Contemporary “Chinese” Fashion. Design Issues, 35(3), 64-75.
- Branding "Created in China": The rise of Chinese Fashion DesignersFerrero-Regis, Tiziana, & Lindgren, Tim. (2012). Branding "Created in China": The Rise of Chinese Fashion Designers. Fashion Practice: Contemporary Chinese Fashion, 4(1), 71-94.
- Chinese fashion designers: questions of ethnicity and pace in the twenty first centuryClark, H. (2012). Chinese Fashion Designers: Questions of Ethnicity and Place in the Twenty-First Century. Fashion Practice: Contemporary Chinese Fashion, 4(1), 41-56.
- Sustainable practices and transformable fashion design...Rahman, Osmud, & Gong, Minjie. (2016). Sustainable practices and transformable fashion design - Chinese professional and consumer perspectives. International Journal of Fashion Design, Technology and Education, 9(3), 233-247.
- Chinese fashion industry on track to recoverZhang, T. (2020). Chinese Fashion Industry On Track to Recover. WWD, 15.
- Apparel color preferences for different regions in China: The connection to personal valuesXing, Xue, Gu, Wen, & Liu, Xiaogang. (2018). Apparel color preferences for different regions in China: The connection to personal values. Color Research and Application, 43(3), 423-435.
- A Mechanism of the Chinese Fashion SystemJin, Y. (2020). A Mechanism of the Chinese Fashion System. Fashion Theory, 1-27.
- Future of Chinese fashionWelters, Linda, & Mead, Arthur C. (2012). The Future of Chinese Fashion. Fashion Practice: Contemporary Chinese Fashion, 4(1), 13-40.
Books on "Chinese fashion"
- Chinese fashion industry...Zhao, J. (2013). The Chinese fashion industry : An ethnographic approach (Dress, body, culture). London: Bloomsbury.
- Chinese fashion from MAO to...Wu, J. (2009). Chinese Fashion (1st ed.). Oxford International.
- Chinese clothing Introductions to Chinese culture.Call Number: TC Magrath Library General Collection GT1555 .H78513 2011
- Chinese fashion: conversations with designersTsui, C. (2009). China fashion : Conversations with designers (English ed.). Oxford ; New York: Berg.
- Changing clothes in chinaFinnane, A. (2008). Changing clothes in China : Fashion, history, nation. New York: Columbia University Press.
Learn new skills for effective and efficient library research
Our tutorials will help you save time! Learn how to:
start your research by picking a topic and learning about scholarly articles and other types of sources
plan and organize your research with our assignment calculator and citation tools
use library databases to get scholarly information and sources on your topic
find sources including scholarly and peer reviewed articles, books, and primary sources
learn about citations and use tools to cite and manage your sources
communicate your research through presentations, posters, or visualizations
find ways to get help both in-person and online
Last Updated: Feb 17, 2023 10:06 AM