Data & statistics
- Statista This link opens in a new windowStatista provides statistical data on many global topics including media, business, politics, society, technology and education.
Consumer, market & media data
- AdAge Datacenter and Digital EditionSearch for articles or consult the Datacenter to find rankings and statistics about media companies and advertising agencies and the archives for past issues and access to the AdAge Datacenter.
- ComScore Media MetrixComScore is an industry source for web analytics about major online properties, which is useful for consumer and audience research and for statistics and rankings of websites.
- Google TrendsCompare search terms over time.
- Mintel Market ResearchMintel reports provide market research on consumer products, services, and lifestyles to identify economic drivers, leading companies, market share, market size, trends, segmentation, and analysis of consumer attitudes and purchasing habits. Includes Mintel Trends to analyze consumer trends by sectors, demographics, themes and regions.
- Nielsen InsightsNielsen is a major provider of media audience and market data. The Libraries do not subscribe to any of their products, but their Insights tool provides free high level overviews of many of their data topics.
Polls & public opinion
- Gallup Analytics This link opens in a new windowGallup Analytics provides trends in public opinion polling, using Gallup US Daily Poll questions and Gallup World Poll questions.
- Pew Research CenterA nonpartisan fact tank that informs the public about the issues, attitudes and trends shaping the world.
- Polling the Nations This link opens in a new windowPublic opinion polls from over 18,000 surveys and 1,700 polling organizations, conducted from 1986 to the present around the world.
Government statistics (U.S., state, & international)
- Minnesota: Data by topicFind some of the most commonly requested data and resources about Minnesota and Minnesotans arranged by topic.
- Sage Data This link opens in a new windowProvides access to statistical data produced by U.S. Federal agencies, States, private organizations, and major intergovernmental organizations. There are up to 2 billion charts, maps, views, rankings, time series and tables available for use in the Data-Planet repository.
- U.S. Census Bureau: Quick factsQuick statistics for all U.S. states and counties, and for cities and towns with a population of 5,000 or more.
- U.S. Census: Data portalAccess data and digital content from the U.S. Census Bureau.
- UNdata This link opens in a new windowThis database provides international statistics on major social and economic subjects.
- Voxgov This link opens in a new windowSearch publications, press releases, and social media activity of U.S. government agencies and legislative unites including legislators, department chiefs, and other branches in the federal government. Use the "Export data" and "Show Graphs" buttons to view quantitative infographics related to your search results.
Last Updated: Apr 20, 2023 9:27 AM