We transitioned to Primo VE, the new version of Primo (the discovery platform that underlies Libraries search), on July 17, 2023. Changes and known issues are documented here.
Unexpected preferred records in version groups
- Issue: When a searched title (or title+author) is part of a version group that includes translations of the work, the preferred record displayed for the version group may not match the language of the search. This is especially noticeable for literary works and children's books.
- Status: We are consulting with the vendor and considering a number of possible solutions. There is currently no timeline for resolution.
Missing ArchivesSpace and Digital Well records
As of Wednesday, August 2, Digital Well harvesting is up to date. ArchivesSpace harvesting is still pending.
- Issue: Some records from U of M repositories (ArchivesSpace and Digital Well) are not yet in Primo.
- Status: Although most records from both repositories are in Primo, we haven't yet enabled ongoing harvesting of records from these repositories since switching to the new version of Primo. We need to proceed with caution to avoid inadvertently creating "ghost records," which appear in search results but do not contain any information. We'll be working closely with responsible library staff and the vendor to ensure that record harvests work as expected.
- Timing of expected resolution: No later than mid-August.
Last Updated: Aug 18, 2023 6:46 PM