This guide covers search tools for research in topics related to materials science: the study of the properties of solid materials and how these properties arise from a material's structure.
Looking for general background information or chemical or physical property data?
- KnovelOnline access to books, databases, and conference proceedings from a number of publishers that cover all areas of engineering and includes content relevant to related sciences (e.g., chemistry and earth sciences). It includes interactive graphs and tables.
Then try any of the following:
Looking for an article?
- ScopusSearch for information from scientific journals, books and conference proceedings. Covers the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
- Web of ScienceA comprehensive interdisciplinary collection of journal article citations. Subjects generally covered are within science and technology, arts and humanities, and social sciences. View this tutorial to learn how to go from a general idea to a very precise set of results of journal articles and scholarly materials.
Also check out:
- SciFinder-nSciFinder-n is the updated version of SciFinder and is the best database for topics related to chemistry and adjacent fields. It includes journal articles, book chapters, dissertations, and patents. Find substance and reaction information as well as suppliers and chemical regulatory data.
- Inspec ArchiveSearch articles from published from 1898-1968 in the fields of physics and astrophysics, electrical engineering, electronics, computing and control, and information technology.
Last Updated: Feb 10, 2023 12:01 PM