This guide is intended to help with earth sciences research at the University of Minnesota, including topics in geology, geophysics, geochemistry, geobiology, and climate and environmental geosciences.
- KnovelBasic information about research in engineering, chemistry, earth sciences, and other topics. Start here, find an article or chapter about your topic, and look at the reference list for more articles.
Then try any of the following:
- GeoRefScientific articles, conference proceedings, and abstracts about original research and review articles in the geosciences.
- Web of ScienceSearch scientific literature in all areas of science and social science. Includes cited reference searching and citation counts.
- ScopusSearch for scientific literature in all areas of science. Includes reference lists and citation counts.
Also check out:
- Minnesota Geological Survey PublicationsFind information about the geology of Minnesota.
- USGS PublicationsFind information about the geology of the United States.
- SciFinder-nSciFinder-n is the updated version of SciFinder and is the best database for topics related to chemistry and adjacent fields. It includes journal articles, book chapters, dissertations, and patents. Find substance and reaction information as well as suppliers and chemical regulatory data.
- ReaxysSearch substances, reactions, and documents.
- Treatise on GeophysicsOverview of research on the solid earth, from the basics to recent advancements.
- Handbook of MineralogyBasic mineral property data.
- National Centers for Environmental InformationFind data on the oceans, atmosphere, and geophysics of the earth.
Last Updated: Feb 10, 2022 4:08 PM