Sample of project management tools
- Devices -- “apps” vs. Laptop
- Fewer features vs. lots of features
- Learning curve
Student Writing Support from the Center for Writing
Student Writing Support (SWS) offers collaborative one-to-one writing consultations to help student writers develop confidence and effective writing strategies. SWS offers three kinds of consultations:
Our writing consultants will listen to your goals and concerns, read and respond to your written work, pose questions that help you clarify and articulate your ideas, and affirm the experiences and abilities you bring to your writing. We value your life experiences and languages, and we seek to provide a supportive space for you to share and develop your voice.
Sample of online books
Get materials we don't own or from our print collection (Interlibrary Loan & Document Delivery)
|Zotero||Mendeley||EndNote 20||EndNote Online|
|Styles||Many citation styles||Many citation styles||Many citation styles||Fewer citation styles|
|Plug-ins||Microsoft Word||Microsoft Word||Microsoft Word||Microsoft Word|
|Storage||300MB free||2GB free||Unlimited||2GB free|
|Editor integration||Word, Google Docs||Word||Word||Word|
|Support||Zotero support||Mendeley support||EndNote 20 support||EndNote Online support|
What is a citation manager?
A citation manager is a software tool used to create personalized databases of citation information and notes. They allow you to:
- import and organize citation information from article indexes and other sources,
- export your citations into Word documents or other types of publications,
- format citations for your papers and bibliographies using APA and many other styles, and
- include your own notes.
Choosing a citation manager
Browse scholarly journals available from the UMN Libraries on your tablet device, iPhone, or via the web using BrowZine.
- Read journal articles on your preferred device.
- Create personal libraries of your favorite journals.
- Set up alerts for new issues of journals.