About this Guide
A guide to improve access to information and increase understanding of the conflict in Ukraine starting in 2014 as well as the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine.
Links to books, article databases, and other resources are provided for more in-depth research. Note: access for many of these resources is limited to current UMN faculty, students, and staff. See this page for resources accessible by the general public (non-UMN affiiates).
Source: Nations Online Project
Scholarly websites and webcasts
- "Russia's War on Ukraine" from Harvard University's Ukrainian Research Institute
- Posts from scholars at the University College London's Dept. of Political Science's about the 2022 war
- "Panel Discussion - Crisis in Ukraine," from Indiana University's Russian and East European Institute
- "Princeton experts discuss the Russian invasion of Ukraine," from Princeton University
News Sources for Keeping Up-to-date
- "Crisis in Ukraine" from EuroNews
- EuroTopics -- Provides information on around 600 print and online media published in 32 countries.
- BBC News on Europe -- includes coverage on Ukraine
- Russia’s war in Ukraine: complete guide in maps, video and pictures (The Guardian (UK)) -- ongoing coverage since late February 2022.
- Kyiv Post : Ukraine's oldest English-language newspaper since 1995.
- Kyiv Independent: an English-language Ukrainian news site that contains a newsfeed of events as they unfold.
- Euromaidan Press: an online English-language independent newspaper, it focuses on events concerning Ukraine and provides translations of Ukrainian news, expert analyses, and independent research.
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty
- Moscow Times (Web version) -- independent news in English from Russia
Click "view online," "PDF," or the button to connect to the full text if we have it. The will also indicate whether a print copy is held in the Libraries. If not available, request the item via Interlibrary Loan.
Not sure what search terms to use? See this list of possible terms
DATABASES COVERING THE UKRAINE CONFLICT WITH REGARDS TO POLICY & FINANCE