Medical Device Innovation 5002
- Business Information WebsiteFind quick access to all of the business resources and databases on this homepage along with news, events, research guides, and video tutorials.
- Mintel Market ResearchMintel reports provide market research on consumer products, services, and lifestyles to identify economic drivers, leading companies, market share, market size, trends, segmentation, and analysis of consumer attitudes and purchasing habits. Includes Mintel Trends to analyze consumer trends by sectors, demographics, themes and regions.
- BCC Research (Business)BCC provides market research, forecasting, and industry intelligence reports. BCC reports provide information on major economic, scientific, and technological developments in industrial, pharmaceutical, and high technology organizations.
- MarketResearch.com AcademicMarket research reports on service industries, consumer goods,food and beverage, heavy industry, life sciences, technology and media.
- Frost & Sullivan Market Research ReportsUse for business research and to find Frost & Sullivan's market and industry reports for over 300 markets and 250,000 companies for industrial markets organized into categories for Aerospace and Defense, Automotive and Transportation, Chemicals, Materials, Food; Electronics and Security, Energy and Power Systems, Environment and Building Technologies, Healthcare and Medical Devices, Measurement and Instrumentation, Information and Communication Technologies, and Industrial Automation and Process Control.
- GlobalData Medical This link opens in a new windowMarket research platform for the medical device industry. Includes news, deals, and companies. Each user must register for a personal account using their U of MN email address from the link above.
- IBIS World (Business)Search industry reports for the United States, Canada, China, and global topics. Each report provides an overall current picture of an industry, including overviews, leading companies, sales information, and authoritative sources for researching hundreds of industries. Includes Business Environmental Profiles that summarize key drivers for industries in the U.S.
- CB InsightsNational Science Foundation-backed company that uses data to provide Venture Capitalists, corporate strategy and Mergers & Acquisitions groups, and investment bankers with intelligence on emerging companies and disruptive technology trends.
- PitchBookUse PitchBook to search thousands of private equity and venture capital deals by hundreds of criteria. Establish benchmarks, find real time data on deals, identify and analyze comparables, and search investor details.
- Mergent Online (Business)Profiles of public corporations around the world that includes summaries, company histories, property, financials, subsdiaries, joint ventures, long term, press release and historical annual reports.
- PrivCoDatabase of financial data on major privately-held companies. Includes private financials and revenues; private M&A deals and deal multiples, private firm valuations, VC funding, private equity deal history; and private and family ownership data.
This resource requires creation of a personal account using U of MN e-mail address.
- HooversIncludes information on more than 162 million businesses, both public and private, around the world. Business data includes Annual Revenues, Employee Counts, Corporate Family Tree, Key Contacts, Analyst Reports, SWOT reports, stock data, financials and other vital information. Important note: downloading company lists is not available on the academic subscription.
- Business Source PremierFind business articles from journals and magazines in marketing, management, information technology, operations, human resources, accounting, finance and economics dating back to 1965.
- Google Scholar (Setup connection to get to PDFs)Use Google Scholar to find articles from academic publishers, professional societies, research institutes, and scholarly repositories from colleges and universities. If you are using from off-campus access, change the "Library Settings" to University of Minnesota Twin Cities. Look for the "FindIt@U of M Twin Cities" links in your Google Scholar search results to access full text and PDFs. View this tutorial to learn how to go from a general idea to a very precise set of results of journal articles and scholarly materials.
- FactivaSearch millions of newspapers, business magazines, and newswires with international and foreign language coverage with all editions of the Wall Street Journal. Financial information for publicly traded companies, stocks, funds, currencies, and common market indexes. Limited to 7 simultaneous users.
- American City Business Journals (BizJournals)Find articles from the Minneapolis St. Paul Business on local companies and other organizations. Students, faculty and staff have full access to Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal, including Digital content across 18 different Industries, access to the Weekly Edition, Book of Lists, the Search Archives. Register for an account with a valid @umn.edu e-mail address using the link above. NOTE: Full text access only includes Minneapolis/St Paul market.
- Access World NewsFull-text news from over 9,000 news sources in the U.S. and international newspapers, major wire services, and hundreds of local broadcasting outlets and blogs. There are over 100 Minnesota sources. Mostly English language news coverage with some 200 titles in Spanish, French, Afrikaans and other languages.
- Compendex ArchiveNOTE: Select 'Ei Backfile' to search the content in the 'Compendex Archive'
Covers scholarly and technical periodicals, conference proceedings, and report literature from 1884-1968 in all engineering disciplines including applied physics, electronics, materials science, and related fields in science and management. Indexes nearly 3000 sources worldwide.
- KnovelOnline access to books, databases, and conference proceedings from a number of publishers that cover all areas of engineering and includes content relevant to related sciences (e.g., chemistry and earth sciences). It includes interactive graphs and tables.
- Patents (United States)The USPTO Web Patent Database offers the full text of all US patents issued since January 1, 1976 and full-page images of each page of every US patent issued since 1790 through the most recent weekly issue date. The Publisher/Producer is the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- United State Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) is the federal agency for granting U.S. patents and registering trademarks.
- Devices@FDAA resource for finding medical device information from FDA. It includes links to the device summary information, manufacturer, approval date, user instructions, and other consumer information.
- IEEE SpectrumIEEE Spectrum explores the development, applications and implications of new technologies and gives an overview of trends in engineering, science and technology.
- IEEE PulseIEEE Pulse covers both general and technical articles on current technologies and methods used in biomedical and clinical engineering.
Accessing and Organizing Your Research
A citation manager is a software tool used to create personalized databases of citation information and notes. They allow you to:
- import and organize citation information from article indexes and other sources,
- export your citations into Word documents or other types of publications,
- format citations for your papers and bibliographies using APA and many other styles, and
- include your own notes.
Choosing a citation manager
Last Updated: Mar 30, 2023 1:34 PM