The Music Library doesn't have something you're looking for? Try Interlibrary Loan!
If the University Libraries doesn't have the book, score, or recording you need, we can borrow it for you from another library! To place a request through our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) system:
- Visit the University Libraries homepage at lib.umn.edu and click on "Interlibrary Loan" (located under the heading "Popular Services"); this will take you to the Interlibrary Loan page (https://www.lib.umn.edu/services/interlibrary-loan):
- Next, click on the link that says "WorldCat FirstSearch"; this is a catalog that allows users to search and borrow from libraries all over the world:
- After logging into WorldCat with your University ID and password, search by keyword using the Basic Search options or use the features in Advanced Search to limit your results by type of material (including recordings or scores):
- Once you've found an item you'd like to borrow, click the "Request via Interlibrary Loan" link:
- Last step: You'll see a University Libraries page where you can confirm the details of the item you'd like to borrow and specify where you'd like to pick it up - including at the Music Library!
Last Updated: Sep 26, 2023 1:54 PM