Tutorials, Guides & Additional Resources
Tutorials & Guides
- Library Research Tutorials
- Database guides: Health Sciences
- Search Strategy Checklist and Tips
- Health Sciences Research Toolkit
- Literature Searching in Ethics/Bioethics (Literature searching presentation using a Bioethics topic; video, 52 min. Live literature searching demo starts at 23:30 min).
- Byrne, D. (2023). Project Planner. Sage Research Methods.
Citation Management. U Libraries webpage with information about citation managers.
- Annotated Bibliographies. LibGuide on how to created an annotated bibliography.
- Writing Guides, Styles Manuals and the Publication Process in the Biological and Health Sciences. LibGuide.
- Need additional help?
Bahadoran, Z., Mirmiran, P., Kashfi, K., & Ghasemi, A. (2022). Scientific Publishing in Biomedicine: Information Literacy. International journal of endocrinology and metabolism, 20(3), e128701.
Efron, S., Ravid, R., & ProQuest. (2019). Writing the literature review : A practical guide. New York: The Guilford Press.
Pan, M., Baden-Campbell, M., EBSCOhost, & Ebrary, Inc. (2016). Preparing literature reviews : Qualitative and quantitative approaches (Fifth ed.). Glendale, CA: Pyrczak Publishing. Ebook
Frederiksen, L., & Phelps, S. (2018). Literature reviews for education and nursing graduate students. Montreal, Quebec]: [Rebus Community Press]. Ebook
Machi, L., McEvoy, B., & EBSCOhost. (2016). The literature review : Six steps to success (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, California: Corwin, a SAGE Company. Ebook
Buchholz, S., Dickins, K., & ProQuest. (2022). Literature review and synthesis : A guide for nurses and other healthcare professionals. New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company, LLC. Ebook
Torraco, R. J. (2016). Writing Integrative Literature Reviews: Using the Past and Present to Explore the Future. Human Resource Development Review, 15(4), 404–428.
Taherdoost, H. (2023). Towards Nuts and Bolts of Conducting Literature Review: A Typology of Literature Review. Electronics, 12(4), 800.