Searching Knovel: Material properties
Step 1: Go to Knovel
If necessary, login with your UMN credentials.
Tip: You are not required to create an account with Knovel
Step 2: Open Material Property Search
In the Property Search tab, follow the link to the Material Property Search.
Step 3: Search for a material
For this example we will search for fiberglass.
Notice the result count updates automatically.
Step 4: Filter by property
In the Filter by Property Name box, enter a property for the material.
In this example, we will enter tensile strength.
Step 5: Apply the property to your material
Drag the property tensile strength from the right column to the left column, beneath fiberglass.
You have searched for a material in Knovel and applied a property.
You are now able to:
- search for a material in Knovel
- apply a property to the material
Additional Resources and Getting Help
- Try the tutorial Start a research project with Knovel
- Additional guide: Searching for a topic in Knovel
- Want to know even more about using Knovel? Check out the Knovel video tutorials on the Knovel website.
- If you have any questions, please contact a Librarian