Presentations and videos
Link to Slides from In-Class Library Instruction Session
Find journal articles
- Business Source PremierFind business articles from journals and magazines in marketing, management, information technology, operations, human resources, accounting, finance and economics dating back to 1965.
- ScopusSearch for information from scientific journals, books and conference proceedings. Covers the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
- EconLitContains bibliographic citations and selected abstracts to the professional and scholarly literature in the field of economics and allied disciplines.
- Google Scholar (Setup connection to get to PDFs)Use Google Scholar to find articles from academic publishers, professional societies, research institutes, and scholarly repositories from colleges and universities. If you are using from off-campus access, change the "Library Settings" to University of Minnesota Twin Cities. Look for the "FindIt@U of M Twin Cities" links in your Google Scholar search results to access full text and PDFs. View this tutorial to learn how to go from a general idea to a very precise set of results of journal articles and scholarly materials.
- Web of ScienceA comprehensive interdisciplinary collection of journal article citations. Subjects generally covered are within science and technology, arts and humanities, and social sciences. View this tutorial to learn how to go from a general idea to a very precise set of results of journal articles and scholarly materials.
- Communication and Mass Media CompleteSearch for journal articles on topics such as communication, mass media, film, television, marketing, business communication, health communication, and more.
Additional guides with more resources
Places to find data:
Comprehensive Guide for Government Data and Statistics
by Government Publications Library Last Updated May 29, 2023 100 views this year
Government (Data and Statistics)
by Government Publications Library Last Updated Apr 20, 2023 65 views this year
Business Statistics and Data
by Desk Business Reference Last Updated Apr 20, 2023 225 views this year
Economics Data Resources
by Danya Leebaw Last Updated May 1, 2023 4870 views this year
Criminal Justice Statistics Resources and Data Sets
by Kat Nelsen Last Updated Jan 12, 2023 32 views this year
Health Statistics and Data Sources
by Katherine Chew Last Updated Nov 4, 2022 624 views this year
Data Resources related to Vulnerable Populations
by Government Publications Library Last Updated Jul 1, 2022 27 views this year
by Ryan Mattke Last Updated Mar 24, 2023 423 views this year
Find news and non-scholarly articles
- FactivaSearch millions of newspapers, business magazines, and newswires with international and foreign language coverage with all editions of the Wall Street Journal. Financial information for publicly traded companies, stocks, funds, currencies, and common market indexes. Limited to 7 simultaneous users.
- Wall Street Journal (1980 to present)Full-text coverage of the Journal - a business newspaper with extensive coverage of stock markets, finance, investments, and companies - to present day. Does not include photos, illustrations, ads, wire stories, or other page-image level access. (via ProQuest Newsstream)
- Academic Search PremierA great place to start your research on any topic, search multidisciplinary, scholarly research articles. This database provides access to scholarly and peer reviewed journals, popular magazines and other resources. View this tutorial to learn how to go from a general idea to a very precise set of results of journal articles and scholarly materials.
Off-campus access to library resources
Current University students, staff and faculty should be able to get full text and online access to the University Libraries from anywhere. Here are three ways to access the library full text from off campus.
- Search the University of Minnesota library website. Log in with your UMN Internet ID and password to access resources.
- Log in using the U of M Virtual Private Network (VPN). You will need to download it VPN software to your computer from campus OIT (Office of Information Technology).
- Install the Libraries' Proxy Bookmarklet to your browser and click it to reload the page with your U of M login to get access to full text. Watch a proxy bookmarklet video (3 min) to learn more.
View examples and learn more on our How to get to full text from on and off campus Guide.
Zotero is a free, open-source citation manager that:
- imports and organizes citations and PDFs;
- recognizes and creates citations for wide range of file types;
- formats citations in thousands of styles including APA and Chicago;
- easily adds in-text citations to Word and Google Doc documents, and creates a bibliography from those citations;
- allows you to add notes to your citation information for later use.
Peer Research Consultants -- 30 min online appts
Schedule an appointment for a virtual meeting with a business librarian @ calendly.com/busref
Caroline Lilyard firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Schoenborn email@example.com
Kate Peterson firstname.lastname@example.org (Schedule a 30 minute online appointment)
Data and statistics:
Jenny McBurney email@example.com (schedule an online appointment)