Welcome to the Health Sciences Libraries
Setting up off-campus access:
Trainees can access the HSL resources (articles, databases, ebooks, e-journals, etc.) by logging into the HSL website with their X500. The steps outlined below provide additional tricks to streamline access.
- Add proxy bookmarklet to Chrome/Firefox/etc.
- Click the bookmarklet button to reload the page, prompting you to connect to the UMN Libraries system
- Download the UMN VPN software.
- Connect to the UMN network from off campus.
- Add library links to Google Scholar.
- Settings > Library Links > search “minnesota”. Adds “Find It” links connecting to the UMN Libraries system.
- Add library links to PubMed.
- Register for a free myNCBI account. My NCBI > NCBI site preferences > PubMed preferences > Outside tool. Browse for “University of Minnesota Twin Cities.” Adds “Find It” links connecting to the UMN Libraries system.
- Install Unpaywall extension to your internet browser.
Getting started with EBP:
Getting started with scholarly writing:
Popular library databases:
Primary article databases
When researching quality improvement, you might also try:
Also check out:
by Katherine Chew Last Updated Jan 6, 2021 122 views this year
COVID-19 for Health Sciences Researchers, Students, and Professionals
by Erin Reardon Last Updated May 6, 2021 271 views this year
Evidence-Based Practice (EBP)
by Health Sciences **Library Last Updated Sep 11, 2020 4313 views this year
Medical Device Innovation
by Jonathan Koffel Last Updated Jul 13, 2021 413 views this year
Medicine (Advanced Guide)
by Erin Reardon Last Updated Jul 23, 2021 1800 views this year
Writing Guides, Style Manuals and the Publication Process in the Biological and Health Sciences
by Katherine Chew Last Updated Oct 13, 2020 541 views this year