Welcome to the Health Sciences Libraries
Setting up off-campus access:
Trainees can access the HSL resources (articles, databases, ebooks, e-journals, etc.) by logging into the HSL website with their X500. The steps outlined below provide additional tricks to streamline access.
- Add proxy bookmarklet to Chrome/Firefox/etc.
- Click the bookmarklet button to reload the page, prompting you to connect to the UMN Libraries system
- Download the UMN VPN software.
- Connect to the UMN network from off campus.
- Add library links to Google Scholar.
- Settings > Library Links > search “minnesota”. Adds “Find It” links connecting to the UMN Libraries system.
- Add library links to PubMed.
- Register for a free myNCBI account. My NCBI > NCBI site preferences > PubMed preferences > Outside tool. Browse for “University of Minnesota Twin Cities.” Adds “Find It” links connecting to the UMN Libraries system.
- Install Unpaywall extension to your internet browser.
Getting started with EBP:
Getting started with scholarly writing:
Popular library databases:
Primary article databases
When researching quality improvement, you might also try:
Also check out:
by Katherine Chew Last Updated May 26, 2022 97 views this year
COVID-19 for Health Sciences Researchers, Students, and Professionals
by Erin Reardon Last Updated Jan 3, 2022 119 views this year
Evidence-Based Practice (EBP)
by Health Sciences Library Last Updated Feb 10, 2022 2672 views this year
Medical Device Innovation
by Rami Jubara Last Updated May 26, 2022 107 views this year
Medicine (Advanced Guide)
by Erin Reardon Last Updated May 24, 2022 1500 views this year
Mobile Resources for Clinicians
by Dawn Hackman Last Updated May 12, 2022 17 views this year
Writing Guides, Style Manuals and the Publication Process in the Biological and Health Sciences
by Katherine Chew Last Updated Oct 13, 2020 223 views this year