How to add materials to your reading list
Libraries Course Materials Services staff can help you create your course reading list. All you need to do is send us the reading list or your syllabus by using the Course Materials request form or you can send a message to email@example.com. We can help track down items and make sure your students have access to the most high quality and affordable resources possible.
Instructors can also add electronic and online items to their own reading lists (please do not add print items). To add online items to a reading list, first open the reading list in your Canvas course site by clicking "Library Course Materials" in the left hand menu. Then:
- Add resources by clicking the "Add Items +" button at the top of the list, or add resources to individual sections of the reading list by clicking the "Add Items" button to the right of the section title. Please only add electronic or online items.
- To add a resource held by the library, click "Search Libraries" and search for it using either the simple or advanced search in the dialog box. After typing in your search term, materials will appear below your query.
- To add a resource not held by the library, click either the "Add an item" or "Upload a file" link in the dialog box. Make sure you have the right to use the item, or that you are making a lawful fair use claim. Search/upload as many resources as you would like.
- Exit the search dialog box to return to your reading list. The items you added should now appear. Electronic resources will be marked as complete and uploaded items will be marked as being prepared.
- Click the "Library Review" button to send the list to the Libraries' Course Materials Services staff for review.
The following videos were produced by the vendor and may not perfectly represent what Library Course Materials looks like. However, the functionality should be the same.
Adding resources from the library