A guide to assist UMN students, faculty, and staff to find resources related to Ukrainian history, culture, literature, and other related subjects.
Reference Articles, Books, and Databases
- "Ukraine" (2021)Lansford, Tom. "Ukraine." In Political Handbook of the World 2020-2021, edited by Lansford, Tom, 1722-41. Thousand Oaks, CA: CQ Press, 2021.
- "Ukraine" (2008)Hunczak, Taras. "Ukraine." In The Oxford Encyclopedia of the Modern World. : Oxford University Press, 2008
- "Ukrainians" (2017)In Europe, 3rd ed., 527-535. Vol. 5 of Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life. Farmington Hills, MI: Gale, 2017.
- "Ukrainian Literature and Language" (2004)Frick, David. "Ukrainian Literature and Language." In Europe, 1450 to 1789: Encyclopedia of the Early Modern World, edited by Jonathan Dewald, 93-95. Vol. 6. New York, NY: Charles Scribner's Sons, 2004.
- Ukraine Profile - Timeline (2020)From the BBC, chronology of events in Ukrainian history.
- Internet Encyclopedia of UkraineHosted by the Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies, provides detailed entries with bibliographies covering history, land, people, culture, art, and literature.
- The Columbia Literary History of Eastern Europe Since 1945 byCall Number: eBook; also available in printISBN: 9780231508049Publication Date: 2008Covering Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, East Germany, Hungary, Lithuania, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Ukraine.
- Historical Dictionary of Ukraine byCall Number: TC Wilson Library General Collection DK508.444 .K64 2013ISBN: 9780810878457Publication Date: 2013This dictionary has 725 entries covering the thousand years of Ukrainian history but particularly the recent past, and focusing on significant persons, places and events, political parties and institutions as well as more broadly international relations, the economy, society and culture. The chronology permits readers to follow this history and the introduction is there to make sense of it. It also features the most extensive and up-to-date bibliography of English-language writing on Ukraine.
- Oxford Reference OnlineContains 100 language and subject dictionaries and other reference works, and searches across these resources. Limited to 5 simultaneous users.
- Cambridge HistoriesProvides full text online access to over 360 volumes of Cambridge Histories reference series published since 1960. Coverage of political, economic and social history, philosophy and literature of selected countries and subjects.
- Dictionary of Literary Biography This link opens in a new windowProvides biographical and critical essays on the lives, works, and careers of the world's most influential literary figures from all eras and genres. Includes the DLB main series, the DLB Documentary Series, and the DLB Yearbook Series. Search by full-text keyword, author, topic, volume title, publication date, or DLB series.
Last Updated: Mar 30, 2023 1:34 PM