A guide to assist UMN students, faculty, and staff to find resources related to Ukrainian history, culture, literature, and other related subjects.
News Sources for Keeping Up-to-date
- Kyiv Independentan English-language Ukrainian news site that contains a newsfeed of events as they unfold
- Kyiv PostUkraine's oldest English-language newspaper since 1995.
- Russia’s war in Ukraine: complete guide in maps, video and pictures (The Guardian (UK))Ongoing coverage since late February 2022.
- EuroTopicsProvides information on around 600 print and online media published in 32 countries.
- Moscow Times (Web Version)Independent news in English from Russia
- Access World NewsFull-text news from over 9,000 news sources in the U.S. and international newspapers, major wire services, and hundreds of local broadcasting outlets and blogs. There are over 100 Minnesota sources. Mostly English language news coverage with some 200 titles in Spanish, French, Afrikaans and other languages.
- Current Digest of the Russian Press.Since 1949 to present, the Current Digest presents a selection of Russian-language press materials each week, carefully translated into English. The translations are intended for use in teaching and research.
- Economist, 1997-currentAccess to "The Economist" from July 1997 to the most recent issue.
- FactivaSearch millions of newspapers, business magazines, and newswires with international and foreign language coverage with all editions of the Wall Street Journal. Financial information for publicly traded companies, stocks, funds, currencies, and common market indexes. Limited to 7 simultaneous users.
- International Newsstream This link opens in a new windowInternational news from newspapers, newswires, transcripts, and digital-only news sites in full-text format. Over 800 of the world's top news sources.
- U.S. Newsstream This link opens in a new windowSearch the most recent premium U.S. news content, as well as archives which stretch back into the 1980s featuring newspapers, newswires, blogs, and news sites in active full-text format.
- Russian Central NewspapersContains around 40 current Russian central newspapers and weekly magazines, covering the entire spectrum of domestic news, as well as Russias economic and cultural life. Most are in Russian with a few in English.
Last Updated: Mar 30, 2023 1:34 PM