Surviving midterms and research papers
What are your strengths? What are your goals? Do you want to be more productive? Get motivated? However you approach a research project or studying, the UMN Libraries have tools and tips to help.
- Use a library research guide to find the best databases (a.k.a.search engines for journal articles, newspapers, magazines) for your paper topics or assignments.
- Chat with a librarian 24/7 or schedule a 30 minute online appointment with a peer library tutor
- Try Effective U online tutorials like “Test Like a Ace” or “Boost your study habits”
- Meet online or in person with a peer tutor in a group or one-on-one for MATH, CHEM, PHYS, ECON and 200+ courses
- Try PAWS (Pet Away Worry & Stress) at Wilson Library on Thurs, Oct 14 or Thurs, Nov 11 from 11:30 PM - 1:30PM with registered therapy animal teams—including dogs, bunnies, and chickens.
Join us and register for a free workshop:
- ONLINE: Midterm Madness Pomodoro Sessions | Thurs, Oct 7 from 2pm-4pm
- ONLINE: Midterm Madness Pomodoro Sessions | Tues, Oct 12 from 12pm-2pm
- ONLINE: Starting a research paper | Tues Oct. 12 from 7pm-8pm
- ONLINE: Midterm Madness Pomodoro Sessions | Mon Oct 19 from 10am-12pm
- IN PERSON: Starting a research paper | Tue Oct 26 from 4pm-5pm | Phillips-Wangensteen Building 5-150
We're here for you!
The Libraries are still here to help you de-stress throughout the academic year, especially during midterms and finals! While we aren't able to provide our usual activities, this guide contains some ideas we've come up with for helping you relax between your study sessions.
Check out the list of activities and let us know which are most helpful by connecting with us on social media.
UMN Libraries Social Media