Can you build a citation from a CD?
According to our style guide, here is how we build a citation for a CD recording:
Composer Last Name, First Name. Recording Title. Performer/Group/Conductor Name(s). Recorded Month Day, Year (if applicable). Record Label Name #, Release Year. Recording Format.
Takemitsu, Töru. "Voice for Solo Flutist." On Sound & Repercussion: New Music for Solo Flute. Linda Wetherill, flute. Furious Artisans FACD6804, 2000. CD.
Tips for citing CDs
- Distinguish between the recording date and the release date.
- Look for the © copyright symbol for the release date.
- The copyright symbol (©) might appear on the back cover, or on the CD itself.
- Don’t forget to include performer names, if applicable. These may appear:
- on the front cover
- on the back cover
- within the booklet
- or on the CD itself.
- The record label name and number can be hard to find. Check for these:
- on the CD itself
- on the spine of the case
- or in the top or bottom corners of the back cover
- Usually these are a string of numbers and letters (e.g SBK 46544)
Build a citation: Compact Disc (CD)
CD for activity
Your turn: build a citation for a CD
Last Updated: Sep 22, 2022 3:19 PM