This guide is designed to give users a background on podcasting, and information on upcoming workshops. Information here supports what is learned in the workshops.
Making your podcast accessible
How does accessibility help?
- Transcription and descriptive ALT text assists users who are deaf, hard of hearing, or those with screen readers.
- Transcripts and captions allow those for whom English is not their first language to see the words you are using in case something is unclear.
- Search engines can index the words in your podcast based on scripts and transcripts.
How to make your podcast accessible:
- Provide the script/transcript for your episodes online.
- Make sure your website is accessible in terms of screen reader friendliness, descriptive ALT tags, and readable fonts and colors.
- Consider video recording to accompany your audio recording and provide the transcript as captions.
- Link to your website and/or transcripts in the summary description of each episode to make the resource easier to find.
- Host your podcast on multiple platforms, as people will listen in a variety of ways.
Be open to feedback and suggestions from listeners with perspectives different than your own!
Last Updated: Nov 29, 2023 3:06 PM