This guide is designed to give users a background on podcasting, and information on upcoming workshops. Information here supports what is learned in the workshops.
Create your brand:
- Make the name findable, catchy, and memorable.
- Do a search before committing to a name in case it is already taken or there is something very similar already in use.
- Create a logo! It helps make you and your podcast memorable.
Ways to promote:
- Social media
- Family and friends
- Word of mouth
- Collaborations with other podcasts
- Notify guests when the episode is ready so they can promote
Sharing out broadly and networking with other podcasters will help you grow your audience over time! You can also consider collaborating with another podcast to share your audiences with each other to mutually help each other grow!
Hosting and distribution
Where to host and distribute your podcast:
We recommend hosts that publish to multiple platforms, such as:
- Apple Podcasts/iTunes
- Google Podcasts
- Be sure to check how much content the platforms will host before charing you for storage.
- You can ask for listener donations through Patreon and provide an additional RSS feed of exclusive episodes.
- Consider an RSS feed whether or not you use Patreon: it allows listeners to access your podcast on any platform they prefer.
Remember: Interest in your podcast does not equate to downloads! Many people stream podcasts so you may have more listeners than you realize!
Last Updated: Nov 29, 2023 3:06 PM