Get help from the U Libraries
Academic Success Centers & SMART Learning Commons (peer tutoring and more)
These services are designed to:
- Boost your confidence as a student
- Help you stay on top of your coursework
- Offer a deeper understanding of the content
- Connect you to peers who know tips and tricks for various courses
- Teach you effective study strategies and time management
Effective U (Online Tutorials)
As a student, you've probably realized you need new skills for dealing with the many tasks filling up your semester: studying, classes, work, finances, family, friends. Explore these free online tutorials to learn new ways to manage your time, manage stress, take better notes, and prepare for tests.
Checking out books and other items
Off-campus access to library resources
Current University students, staff and faculty should be able to get full text and online access to the University Libraries from anywhere. Here are three ways to access the library full text from off campus.
- Search the University of Minnesota library website. Log in with you UMN Internet ID and password to access licensed resources.
- Log in using the U of M Virtual Private Network (VPN). You will need to download it to your computer from campus OIT (Office of Information Technology).
- Save the Libraries' Proxy Bookmarklet to your browser and click it to reload the page with your U of M login.